Chapter 10

Skylar

Skylar smiled at herself in the mirror, 6 whirlwind months had passed since Liam asked her to marry him and today was the day. Her thoughts were interrupted by a little voice. "Mommy mommy, you look so pretty!" exclaimed Ella as she came in.

Skylar leaned down and hugged Ella, "Thank you darling, I think you look very pretty also."

Ella twirled in a circle, "I feel like a princess, daddy says I look like a princess."

"He is right, you are our little princess."

Ella huffed, "Mommy, I'm 7 years old now, I'm not little."

Skylar chuckled, "You will always be our little girl Ella regardless of how big you grow."

"Can I go get my flowers now?" Ella asked.

"Sure, we will be starting the ceremony soon so go finish getting ready."

"Bye mommy, see you soon!" Ella yelled as she ran back the way she came. 

Skylar shook her head and glanced at herself in the mirror. It was a simple dress, elegant beads sewn into the bodice, with only a small train and sweetheart neckline. She decided early on that she didn't want anything fancy or big. Liam and her decided on a small private wedding ceremony and than had plans for a larger reception. Liam had increase security for today, she didn't know the details but she knew that there was unrest and increase complications with the rival mafia gang. He wasn't leaving anything up to chance he told her a few days earlier. She trusted him to do what is best for them. 

Finally it was time to walk down the aisle. Liam's father was walking with her. She felt so lucky to be welcomed with opened arms into their family. Her father took a while to come around to her but his mother was immediately in the fold. It did help that they had a grandchild they never knew existed.  

The piano music played and Liam's father smiled at her, "You look beautiful Skylar."

"Thank you, I look forward to joining your family officially."

The doors opened and they started walking down. Skylar caught Liam's eyes and they stared at each other. love flowing through them both. Liam gave her a wink that caused her to giggle quietly. Ella was standing beside Liam beaming with happiness. Finally she was facing towards the man she loved. Liam grasped her hands and they looked at the officiant. "Dearly Beloved," he started and the ceremony went on. 

"Skylar Warren do you take Liam Sullivan to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you Liam Sullivan take Skylar Warren to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Hell yeah." Which caused the small group of people attending to chuckle. 

The officiant spoke a little bit more than finally got to the part Skylar was waiting for. "By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Liam stepped towards Skylar, grasped her face with his hands and gave her the sweetest kiss she ever had from him. He kept it short and sweet. "Just wait until tonight," he whispered in her ear. Skylar blushed and glanced down whispering back, "I can't wait." They turned to the cheering crowd and walked down the aisle together officially as husband and wife. 

They went to the reception that was also heavily guarded but they had more of their friends and family there. There was lots of drinking, eating, dancing. It was a wonderous night and it was late in the evening when Liam and Skylar departed for their honeymoon. Ella was so excited to be spending a week with her grandparents while they were gone. They kissed and hugged Ella and promised to give her a call in a couple days.