↳˗ˏˋ the end ˊˎ˗↴

———— MY EVERYTHING

———— MY EVERYTHING.

she knew they went to find her. she left tokyo to avoid that. as long as she wasn't in the city, she knew they would eventually give up. and, they did.

she returned after a few days, mainly to collect a few remaining things. but, she decided to make a stop at a spot she used to frequent. it was a calm cove, the sun always warm and the grass always green. there were butterflies scattered about, along with wildflowers. it was peaceful. she liked it.

she made her way towards the tree she liked to sit under, seeing an envelope resting against the trunk. she stopped, eyes narrowing as she tried to read the front. she didn't sense any bad energy from it, so she made her way closer. her heart almost stopped beating when she read the front.

[y/n] [l/n]

it was his handwriting. she knew it well.

why was this here?

why now?

she inched closer, finally squatting down to pick it up. she ran her fingers over the ink, turning it over and ripping the seal off. she stopped for a moment, unsure of whether she wanted to keep going. would reading this make any difference? would she feel any better? or worse? she snapped out of her thoughts and pulled the paper out, the one rough edge making her freeze.

it was a page from the journal.

she didn't realize she forgot it until after the fact, but she wasn't expecting anyone to go into her room. maybe nobara, but definitely not megumi. her hands began to shake as she unfolded the page, seeing it flooded with his words and dried spots where his tears were. she bit her lip as she took a seat, holding it in front of her.

dear [y/n],

i'm sure you didn't want me to find your diary. you probably left it by mistake. or, maybe you left it on purpose? who knows? but, i read it. i read every single word. i'm honestly surprised that you only had ten things you hated about me. given everything i've done, i figured it would've been more. i guess it was just a compacted version.

i'm sorry. i know it's too little too late for this, but i truly am sorry. part of me felt like you were too good for me, and i guess that made me want to push you away. it was crazy that a girl like you could love someone like me. i thought you'd leave. and, well, i guess you did. i'm sorry that i drove you to leave. it was never my intention. kugisaki and itadori haven't let me forget ever since. they miss you a lot. and, i'll be honest, i miss you a lot.

i guess i, too, am adult enough to admit that you weren't my everything until we were nothing. and now that you're gone, my heart is missing something. i guess it's time i pushed my pride away.

you're traveling with my heart, you know. i know sorry isn't the cure for this. if i cross your mind, just know i'm yours.

you don't have to be mine.

you're my everything.

i don't have to be yours.

with love,

megumi fushiguro.

she set the paper down in front of her, chewing the inside of her lip as she wiped her tears. she cleared her throat, letting out a dry chuckle as she shook her head.

reason number eleven why i hate you, she thought to herself, crumpling the paper up as she threw it into the river, watching the paper soak up the water as it began to float away. she felt a weight lift off her shoulders as she stared at the sky.

"your sweet disposition could make me fall in love with you all over again."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒