004.

H O U R S    L A T E R

H O U R S    L A T E R . . .

Two hours had passed since the event started, and things were rolling smoothly.

The volunteers were doing their respective jobs, and the Golden State Warriors team and staff engaged with all the kids incredibly. Everything seemed to be going according to plan.

Some of the following players sat in the corner of the gym with merchandise surrounding them as kids waited in line to get autographs.

"So let me get this straight." Juan began in a slow tone.

The group of men lets out a heavy sigh at their teammate.

"We've been over this twice already Juan." James groaned.

"It's not hard to comprehend," Andrew added.

Juan held his hands up in surrender, "I'm just trying to get all the facts together, damn."

"What you tryna know bro?" Jordan asked.

"That girl over there was your high school best friend?" Juan pointed towards Zayley, who helped at the arts and crafts station across the gym.

"Yeah."

"Feelings got involved between you and her, so you decided to become a couple."

Jordan nodded. "For almost three years."

"Who would've thought that the Jordan Poole was ever in a serious relationship." Gary let out a laugh while slapping his knee.

"Never in a million years would I think that," James said.

"Me either," Juan added.

"You can count me in there too," Andrew said as well.

"Clearly it wasn't serious enough if she left him hanging," Klay spoke up as they all glared at him.

"What? I'm just stating the facts here." He shrugged.

"Klay gotta point. So what did you do?" Juan spoke before taking a picture with a kid.

"Why you assume I did something wrong?" Jordan scrunched his face.

"Because we know you," James replied rather quickly.

"You don't have the best track record for keeping a lady," Juan stated.

"You said ya'll broke up during college. Knowing you, you had to be on some immature shit back then." Gary suggested.

"Agreed. Why else would she leave you?" Andrew argued.

Jordan remained quiet as he tried gathering his thoughts. His teammates had read him like a book. Truthfully, he didn't know how to feel about that.