016.

A    W E E K    &    A     H A L F     L A T E R

A    W E E K    &    A     H A L F     L A T E R . . .

"Okay, let's see. I have my keys, phone, purse, and my dish." Zayley spoke to herself while she stood by her front door.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something." She mumbled, looking around the furnished apartment. Her eye's landed on Milo sitting beside his empty bowls, staring back at her with wide eyes.

"Ah ha! I knew I was forgetting something." She placed her items down before walking over to pick up the bowls. "How could I almost forget about my little man?"

She put in a reasonable amount of food and water to last the rest of the day. She didn't know when she would be back home and wanted to be on the safe side.

"Love you, and be a good boy for mommy! I'll be back home later." She called out to the cat before grabbing her items and closing the door.

Zayley was on her way to Steph and Ayesha's home as they were throwing their annual Friendsgiving get-together for the team. Though Thanksgiving was a couple of days prior, they still thought it'd be a good idea to have friends over and enjoy the company of their loved ones.

After a thirty-minute drive filled with good music from her favorite artists, Zayley had finally made it to the Curry residence.

Grabbing the dish she had prepared from the passenger seat, she saw a familiar-looking car parking behind her from her peripheral.

"Look at you bringing out the Porsche today." Zayley smiled brightly at Jordan as she approached him by his vehicle.

"It's a nice day out. I figured why not?" Jordan shrugged, bringing her in for a hug, which she gladly gave him.

"Mmh. So, when are you gonna let me test drive it?" She stood back, admiring the luxury car.

"Let's see." He put on his thinking face, "How about never."

"Never? Why not?" She twisted her face in confusion.

"You ain't ready for all that just yet. Stick to that lil Hyundai your driving." He pointed to her vehicle parked in front of his.

"Boy, whatever." She smacked her lips, "And not too much on my baby, ain't nothing little about the Z-ehicle."

"Z-ehicle? You came up with that?" Jordan made the 'yikes' expression at the name.

"Don't make the face. Kensely thought of the name and it just stuck with me. Do you have names for your cars?" She questioned as he shook his head no.

"Sad. That's just really sad Jordan." Zayley shook her head. "You use your cars just about every day. The least you can do is give them a name."