006.

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

O N E W E E K L A T E R . . .

"What did you expect? Was she not supposed to move on?" Ralen stared at the Instagram post his best friend had shown him.

Unsurprisingly, Zayley had been on Jordan's mind since he saw her at the Oakland boys and girls club event. So Jordan asked Moses if he could give him her number since he had lost it years before. Without hesitation, he gave it to him.

Jordan messaged her during the team trip to Tokyo to participate in the 2022 Japan game. That was two days ago. He was back home, but he still hadn't heard from her.

Call him watchful or protective even. But he couldn't help but wonder how she was doing and desperately wanted to check up on her. And what better way to follow up on how someone is doing? Checking their social media account.

To his surprise, he found she had finally unblocked him on Instagram. He skimmed through her pictures, looking at some longer than others. But his pursuit went downhill when he saw a photo of her smiling while sitting on another man's lap.

That someone being Quentin Grimes. One of the New York Knicks' backup shooting guards.

"You good bro?" Ralen had noticed the stuck expression on Jordan's face and was genuinely concerned.

Honestly, Jordan was far from good. He didn't know how to feel about her moving on.

In a certain sense, he had moved on as well. It wasn't the same route as her. Instead, he had his set rotation of women he used whenever he wanted to get a quick nut off.

He knew she had every right to move on. But he still couldn't grasp why he felt the way he did.

"Damn. Why the sad faces?" J2 walked into Jordan's living room, sipping on his bottled water.

"He found out his ex who he was madly in love with moved on. From the looks of it, he still might be in love with her." Ralen teased while Jordan gave him a warningly look.

"Ex? Madly in love with? When you decide to gatekeep this from me?"

"It wasn't intentional. Just something I don't mention on the regular." Jordan said while closing out of the app.

"Well, how did you two meet? There's gotta be a backstory to this." J2 asked, suddenly intrigued.

"Man, I swear it was like one of those romance movies. I called it the moment I introduced them." Ralen expressed, thinking back to the memory.

FLASHBACK - freshman year of high school

"I can't believe you dragged me out of the house for this." Jordan snarled while zipping up his puffer jacket.