chapter fifteen: eyes

Jaemin's shoved backwards by Deiji and he stumbled backwards.

  He freezes, shocked by her unexpected reaction and slowly lifts his gaze from the floor to her eyes, pained by the frightened look on her face.

  His heart falls but eyes lift as his lips upturn. "Ah, sorry. I was just...excited to see you."

  "No, no! I get it! It was just surprising- a delightful one," Deiji claims although, her awkward chuckle and wandering eyes say otherwise. "Let's do your hair now. Your stylist can't make it again."

  Without giving him another glance, she strides to his assigned dressing chair and mirror before preparing all the needed equipment.

  His eyes follow her every move and sees others staring at them from the reflection of the mirror- turning to them which makes them look away almost immediately.

  Is this why she pushed me away? The prying eyes.

  He sits himself down leans back as Deiji places herself behind him.

  "Which style do you want?" She asks, still not meeting his piercing gaze through the mirror.

  "I want the side part with one side lifted, and the other combed back," Jaemin answers and only then does she lift her eyes.

  They meet, silence and tension fluttering around them- building up.

  The hairstyle he's chosen is one of the longest to do due to its complex structure and having to make sure it sets well.

  Is it intentional? Is this his way of revenge from her rejection- to force her to stick with him for longer? 

  Sly.

  "...Alright," Deiji only says and starts the process, breaking eye contact.

  Thankfully, it isn't Dream's turn to perform yet, not until a couple groups go first.

  And as seconds turn to minutes to hours, the waiting/dressing area becomes more vacant and serene.

  "Are you tired?" Jaemin finally peeps.

  For some reason, it comforts Deiji and her tense shoulders loosen. She hadn't realised how stiff they were.
"I'm fine. It's part of my job."

  Jaemin nods and stays quiet for another moment.

  Her breath hitches when his hand suddenly goes over hers and brings it down to his cheek- dropping the comb onto his lap in the process.

  Thank goodness, the very little still inside the room were situated in front of them and they aren't able to see the pair due to the giant dressing mirror blocking.

"This should be fine, right? No one can see us," Jaemin says as he falls limp into her palm that he rests onto his cheek.
"5 minutes?"

  He meets her gaze with a soft, dreamy look, clearly seducing her and she falls right to the temptation- letting him cuddle into her hand while she uses the other to pretend to fix his hair.

  Fortunately, she's almost done anyways so it isn't a hassle. But it is difficult for her to restrain from just melting into goo from Jaemin's advance.

  He's too charming.

  "You're blushing," Nana suddenly, points out and only intensifies the hue.

  "I didn't realize," is all Deiji says, not knowing what else to utter and completely avoids the idol's insistent eye contact.

  Jaemin bites his bottom lip to stifle a chuckle, amused and delighted, but a persistent faint clench in his chest still refuses to fade.