chapter two: eat

Deiji finds herself staring at her plan book for more than hours.

  She groans and slams her head onto her desk, alarming her colleagues who are sitting in their own work cubicles.

  From the colour scheme to the theme style and the brand sponsors- everything is beginning to get a little stressful.

  Especially, when it's for seven male idols with many different album version and song photoshoots.

  "Where are you going?" Her friend asks when she stands.

  "Just down to get some food," Deiji politely answers despite not having the mood to talk.

  The elevator chimes when it reaches the lobby and she makes a beeline to the SM Cafe to purchase a cold drink and a small shepherd pie.

  Unexpectedly, she bumps into someone.

  "Deiji?"

  She faces the taller figure and keeps her stare on him for a while, unable to discern who he is behind the lowered cap and mask.

  But her eyes instantly light up when she does. "Jaemin! Oh, it's you."

  He chuckles and looks at her light lunch. "You're just eating now?"

  She sighs and gives a heavy nod.

  "I was doing work all day- thank you," she cuts herself for the cashier and Jaemin takes the opportunity to get his own set of drinks for him and the other Dreamies.

  "And haven't got the time to actually get a proper meal," she continues as they walk to the elevator together. "I already divided the work between teams but there's still so much for me to do."

  Jaemin lets out a dramatic gasp. "rEAlLY? You haven't eaten at all?? You should eat then! It's bad to skip meals! bAd!"

  All of a sudden, his nagging side surfaces and she laughs.

  "Okay, okay, I'll eat later on," Deiji claims and lifts up the mini pie in her hand. "This will be enough for now."

  Nana frowns, disagreeing but chooses not to say when an idea appears. "Do you want to see us practice?"

  "Can I?" She blurts out, accidentally expressing her excitement.

  He grins at her elation and bobs his head. "Of course. Come and join us, rest your head a bit."

  They skip her floor and goes to where the choreography room is.

  "gUYs~" Jaemin yells as soon as he enters to gain their attention over the blaring music.

  They turn to him and smile brightly when they see the unexpected guest. "Deiji!"

  "Hi!" she greets loudly yet, still reserved.

  They approach her, quite comfortable with her. Just like how they're close with Eunwol too. 

  "What are you doing here?" Chenle friendly-ly asks.

  Jaemin passes him the drinks. "I brought her here so she can rest and watch us practice."

  "Ohh, that's nice! You can point out if there's anything wrong with our moves then, or if we look awkward," Renjun mentions and she nods, happy to help.

  She sits by the side as the idols get in formation and Jaemin glances over to her.

  He points at her food and gestures her to eat, bringing a smile up to her face at his consideration.

  Deiji takes out the mini pie and eats a spoonful just to show him that she's eating and he grins before the song abruptly starts.