3

Walking into history, Gabriella went straight for her seat in the back. Normally, she was the sole one occupying the table, but today Tyler was seated in the spot next to hers.

Tyler was a very sweet guy, and Gabby would admit he was cute, but she wasn't interested. She had already turned him down many times prior. He was a persistent one though.

"Morning, Gabby." The boy greeted the dark haired female.

"Mornin'. So, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" She asked, setting her stuff down.

Tyler grinned as if he was waiting for her to ask that. "Well, there's a new slasher film coming out this weekend, I was hoping I could talk you into a date to see it."

Gabby inwardly groaned. She wished Tyler would understand she just didn't like him like that. "Ty, look--"

"Sorry, she has plans with us this weekend." A voice chirped behind her. Turning her head, she about fell out in the floor when she saw Alice and Jasper standing behind her. Tyler looked between them, a defeated expression crossed his face.

"Maybe some other time then." He grabbed his stuff and moved back to his original seat.

"Sorry, you looked a little uncomfortable." Alice spoke softly so Tyler wouldn't hear. "You're Gabriella, right?"

"Um, Gabby is fine. Some people even call me, Ella. Well, dad does." She chuckled softly. "You're Jasper and Alice, right?"

Alice smiled at the girl, there was this little spark that seemed to appear that Gabby just couldn't quite place. "Gabby, I'll definitely call you that from now on. It's adorable." Gabriella couldn't help the smile that pulled her lips. This girl was infectious. "I can see we'll be such great friends!"

Gabby noticed Jasper nudge Alice gently. The pixie haired girl looked to her male companion with a pout. "Yeah, that would be great." Gabby agreed. Before she could really say anything else, the bell rang and the teacher walked into class.

History was always a good subject for her, it was easier for her to get lost in past events than to think of the present. A present without her mom. She shook her head gently, pushing the thoughts away.

She shouldn't be like that. She still had her dad and to a lesser extent Bella.

-------------

School had started and ended in sort of a blur. When she got home, Charlie's cruiser was gone and Bella wasn't even home yet.

Perfect setting to get the boys together in her opinion. She walked over to the landline after putting her phone on the charger. After the incident of dropping it in a rain puddle it never held as good a charge.

"Hello?" Billy had been the one to answer.

"Hey, Billy, it's Gabby. Is Jake around?" Gabby grabbed a pen and a piece of paper to write a note for Charlie to let him know she was going to be gone.

"He just walked in." She heard him call out to Jacob before she heard his footsteps run across the house.

"Hey, Gab. What's up?"

She smiled and put the note on the fridge. "I was thinking we could head to the beach and start a big bonfire?"

Gabby heard him say something to his dad or someone else. She assumed his dad. "Definitely. The guys and I will meet you there."

"Great, your turn to bring food." She told him before they hung up.

She heard Bella's loud truck pull into the driveway as she came out of the kitchen.

Grabbing her keys, she walked out. Bella arched a brow when she saw Gabby heading for her jeep. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to La Push to hang out with Jake, Quil and Embry." She tossed her bag in the jeep.

Bella frowned at this. "Is it really safe for you to hang out with three boys all by yourself?"

Gabby really couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Yes, Bella, they are perfectly safe. I've been hanging out with these guys since I was six." She climbed into her vehicle before Bella could say another word to her.

She would admit she was being petty when she slung rocks up on Bella's truck with her jeep, but Bella had hit a nerve.