11

Gabriella was truly miserable when she finally had to go back to school the week after. She had to ride to school with Bella and Edward since her jeep was out of commission for a while.

She knew she should have just stayed home, she wouldn't be able to write since it was her left hand that was broken.

Gabby hung back by the car, watching as the others filtered into the school. Pulling her hood over her head, she turned and cut through the woods.

Jacob hadn't answered her since the accident. Quil and Embry never responded either.

It worried her.

She finally came out of the woods near the school at the reservation. She kept her hood up as she walked along the fence, heading through the crowd of kids. She stood on her tip toes to try and see if she could spot the familiar mop of hair.

She groaned softly as a body crashed into hers, the two tumbling to the ground. Gabby grunted when the person landed on her. "Ooow." She whined softly.

The person scrambled off her. "Oh shit. Sorry there, you're so small I didn't see you." She looked up and blinked a few times. It was a rather tall and muscular boy. He had his hair chopped just a few inches shorter than Jake's. He offered a hand to her. "You new here or looking for a parent?"

Gabby rolled her eyes and snorted. "Funny. I was looking for Jacob Black." She offered a smile, but she didn't quite feel it.

"Jacob? Oh I know where he is, come on." The male began to walk down the hall. Gabby hesitated, making sure her pepper spray was full before following. She was always told to be wary of strange men.

"Can I get a name?" Gabby asked, staying at least two steps behind him. "Y'know, so I can tell the cops for when I escape this possible kidnap?"

The boy chuckled and looked back at her over his shoulder. "Paul Lahote. You got jokes, I'll give you that."

He lead her out of the main building to a smaller one just next to it. Inside there were a few students sitting at what looked like lunch tables. She saw Jacob, Quil and Embry all in the corner of the room. She could have cried in relief to see that her best friends were okay.

She hadn't even listened to another word that Paul had said. She pulled her hood off her head and sprinted over to him. "Jacob!" Gabriella threw her arms around him when he turned to the sound of his name.

"Gabby?" He was surprised, but held her nonetheless. Quil and Embry looked across the table their eyes wide. "What are you doing here?" He finally moved her so he could look at her.

"You didn't answer your phone like you usually do and I got so worried so I walked all the way here because I can't drive right now and I wanted to make sure you were okay." She was on the verge of a panic attack it seemed like.

Jacob pulled her back in for a hug. "Hey, hey. I'm okay, it's okay." He tried to calm her. "I was going to come by to see you today. All three of our phones were kind of the result of pranks gone horribly wrong." He pulled his phone out to show that it was completely in half.

"How..." she was so stunned she literally couldn't find the right words.

Embry and Quil began to laugh at Jacob when he made a face at his phone. "I can't believe you skipped and walked all the way here."

Gabby looked up at him, misty eyed. "Yeah." It came out as a sort of whimper.

Embry sighed softly, smiling as he stood up. "Come on, let's get you back."

"I wanna go home.." she didn't feel like trying to go back to school yet. That was where he was and she didn't want to see him.

Jacob nodded and got her up, holding her hand as they walked to Embry's car. "You want us to hang out?" All she did was nod as she climbed in the backseat with Jacob.