12

Embry stopped the car right before the driveway, looking over to Gabby when the boys noticed a newer BMW sitting in her driveway.

It didn't look like a car that she was familiar with and nobody else seemed to be home either. "Who's car is that?" Quil asked, looking back at her.

"I'm not sure." She had a guess, but wasn't sure.

Jacob took his seatbelt off and stepped out. When he did, Alice and Jasper did as well. This confirmed her previous guess.

"Can I help you?" Jacob asked, walking closer. He didn't recognize these two, their presence seemed to cause the little hairs on the back of his neck to stand up.

Gabriella quickly scrambled out of the car, noticing how tense this situation could become. "Jazz, Ally what are you guys doing here?"

Alice was the one to speak, "We got worried when you weren't at school after Edward and Bella said you rode with them."

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't feel like going today since I couldn't write anyways." She held up her cast.

"Sorry to have bothered you." Jasper muttered as he moved to get in the car.

"Wait, Jazz." She had grabbed his sleeve gently before she had even realized it. Gabby let go, her cheeks turning pink. "Sorry, um, why don't you two hang around. I haven't seen you in a while."

Jasper swore if his heart could beat it would be pounding at this point. "Okay." The word had spilled over before he could stop it.

Jacob didn't looked too pleased with this. Gabriella turned to Jacob and offered a smile. "Are you staying too?"

Jacob rubbed the back of his neck. "Actually, I forgot I've got a huge homework assignment due and I need to get on it." He gave her a quick hug. "We'll hang soon though, bye Gab." He got into the car and the boys left in a fairly hurried manner. It caused Gabby to frown.

She turned to Jasper and Alice. "So, what do you guys wanna do?"

Alice smiled and linked arms with her. "We can go shopping?"

Gabby shook her head. "Oh no, I have too many clothes now because of all the trips we went on."

Alice gasped playfully "You could never have too many clothes."

"Can we just go to your house?" Gabby asked looking over at her.

"Yeah, we can do whatever you want." She opened the passenger door for her before she climbed in the back, forcing Jasper to drive.

_________

Jasper opened the car door for them when he parked the car in the garage. Alice led the way into the house, heading for her room. Jasper and Gabriella were tagging along behind her.

"Little bit!" Emmett called from the couch with a grin. "We wondered where you had run off to."

"I didn't feel like trying to deal with school when I can't really write." She held her cast up.

"How is your arm feeling?" Esme asked her as she walked out of the kitchen.

Gabriella nodded, looking down at the baby blue cast that was covered in a lot of signatures including the Cullens. Even Esme and Carlisle had signed it.

"Your jeep should be good as new by tomorrow." Emmett added in. "Jasper can bring it by." He smirked over at his adoptive brother.

Gabriella seemed to light up at this news. "Really? That's amazing!" Her smile dropped a little when she realized something. "Sadly I won't be able to drive it until this cast comes off."

Alice smiled and looked at Jasper. The male seemed to instantly know what she was thinking and nodded as if to agree. "We could leave it here for now and I can drive you where you need." Jasper offered.

"Really? That would be amazing. You can even come to the rez and meet my friends." Gabriella paused when everyone in the room went tense and quiet.

"Um, Gabby." Alice began.

"We can't go there. There's a treaty in place saying we don't go on their land." Edward's voice almost caused her to jump out of her skin. He was leaning against the wall next to the stairs that lead to the front door.

"Oh."

"We've had this treaty with the Quileute tribe for a very long time. We try not to step on too many toes around her." Jasper added in as he stepped past the girls. "Come on, I know something we can do."

Gabriella glanced back at the others before she followed Alice and Jasper into a room all the way at the back of the house. It had no furniture and was pretty barren. Just like the room she had woken up in after the incident. "What are we doing here?"

Alice seemed to be overly giddy at this point. "I wanna show you something." Jasper said as he held his hand out to her. "Do you trust me?"

She took his hand in her own. "With my life."