14

Gabby was excited to say the least. Months had passed, her cast was off and Jasper finally asked her out. She felt like she was on top of the world.

She didn't know her world was about to come crumbling down around her and she didn't even know it. She pulled into the school parking lot and was absolutely confused when she saw Billy Black's truck in the back of the parking lot.

Pulling next to it in her jeep, she opened her door when Jacob got out and walked around. He stopped her from getting out. "We need to talk, Gabby." His eyes held so much pain in them.

"Jake? What's going on?" She had this horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Jacob looked down, not able to look her in the eyes. "We can't be friends...or hang out anymore. Dad and the other elders don't believe it's a good idea."

As the words passed his lips, each one left another crack behind. Tears welled up in her eyes and soon began to spill over. "W-What?"

"I'm sorry, Gabby...I love you. Always." He leaned up and placed a kiss on her forehead. He didn't give her time to say anything else.

"Wait! Jake!" She finally pulled herself out of her own head and got out of the jeep, but she was too late. The truck was already leaving the school grounds.  Dropping to her knees, the tears began to fall like the rain around her.

"Hey, hey." She felt a pair of arms pick her up off the ground, setting her on her feet. She looked up at the person, it was Jasper. He held her close, afraid to let go in case her legs gave out.

"Come on, I'm taking you home." He lifted her up and took her to the passenger side of the jeep. He set her down and put her seatbelt on as she continued to break down.

Jasper wasn't going to prod the information out of her, she would tell him when she was ready. "Jazz..." she muttered through her sobs. "I don't want to go home." There were so many memories of her and Jacob in that house. She would be so miserable. 

He climbed in the driver's seat and turned it on. He turned the heat on, turning it towards her shivering frame. "We can go to mine, darling." He spoke softly as he took his jacket off, laying it over her to keep some of her body heat in.

___________

Jasper got her into some of his clothes. A tshirt and a pair of his boxers for shorts. She was stretched out on the couch, her head on a pillow in his lap. He had wrapped her in a blanket. He simply sat in silence as she cried her heart out.

It hurt him so bad to see her like this and to not know how to fix it. Alice eventually wandered in, sitting on the floor next to the couch with her head on Gabby's leg. Just to let the brunette know that she was here for her.

Gabriella felt so much sorrow and so much love at once. She pulled the cover up to her face as the tears continued to come. "Jacob said we couldn't be friends anymore...we've been friends since we were kids." Gabby was finally able to speak.

Jasper felt this horrible rage building up in him. He was mostly mad at himself because he knew that her being with him was the reason why. "I'm sorry." He spoke barely loud enough for her to hear. "I am so sorry."