1

"Sir, you have an appointment in half an hour" Jason looked up from the document his father had just handed him and nodded to his secretary. She raised an eyebrow, glancing between her boss and his father, but her face remained expressionless as she closed the door behind her. "If you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for my meeting" Jason put the document aside and looked at Anthony Mallory, his father or rather enemy.

"This isn't the end Jason, we both know there's no way you can fulfill the condition in just a week" his father snapped and Jason let out a sigh of exasperation. He and his father never had a close relationship. Anthony blamed his son that his grandfather had always favored his grandson over his son, and over the years, the feud between them had turned into almost a war.

"What I can and can't do is none of your business, Dad" Jason leaned back and looked at his father with irritation and annoyance. "As you say, son, I'll enjoy this victory" Anthony chuckled darkly and stood up, walking towards the door, but stopped with his hand on the lock and looked over his shoulder at Jason. "Shall I send you some boxes to put your things in?" he laughed and before Jason could answer he opened and closed the door behind him.

Jason sighed and rubbed the base of his nose, shaking his head. Sometimes he wondered who was the father and who was the son. He took a deep breath to calm himself and let it out, picking up the document again. His grandfather's will. "Jason Mallory, my only and legitimate grandson, will inherit my 40% controlling interest in Mallory Investigations in the event that, within one week of the opening of the will, or before, he is already married.The marriage must last at least six months. In the event that he is unable to meet this condition, my assets go to my son Anthony"

"What were you thinking when you made such a condition, grandpa?" Jason muttered, continuing to read the condition over and over. How would he ever fulfill such a condition, his grandfather knew him wonderfully, Jason has never had a problem with women, but work and lack of time do not allow him to commit seriously. Jason could only guess what the condition meant, his grandfather always cared about family, maybe he hoped his grandson would finally settle down, and for him it meant marriage and children.

"Old devil" he thought with a slight smile and left the document face down, when there was a knock on his office door. "Come in!" his secretary, Leila, a pleasant woman in her forties, opened the door slightly. "Sir, Miss Cassidy Thomas is here for your meeting at 10:30" she informed him with a small smile. Layla had worked for Jason for four years, the two easily got used to each other and Jason had her as a friend. He knew from her smile that his meeting wouldn't be difficult and he nodded that Leila could introduce the woman.

"You may come in,miss" Cassidy smiled sweetly at the older woman and smoothed down the light navy blue knee length dress that was all her own making, took her bag and clutched the folder in front of her chest as if it was a shield that would protect her in the event of an attack . "You look lovely miss, I'm sure Mr. Mallory will live up to your expectations" the secretary smiled encouragingly and Cassidy gave her a charming grateful smile as she walked past her and into the office of Mr. Mallory in question.

She approached the desk with lowered eyes, not daring to look at her possible future investor. She knew she was lucky to be received personally by the CEO of such a company, but her nerves were eating her up inside, and she didn't want him to notice that. "Please,sit down" her stomach lurched as his deep voice calmly sounded between the four walls, a stark contrast to what she was currently experiencing.

Cassidy settled into one of the leather chairs in front of his desk and finally looked up to meet the greenest eyes she had ever seen. "Jason Mallory" he introduced himself and stood up, offering her a hand across the desk. "Cassidy Thomas" she muttered nervously, her cheeks reddening that her voice sounded so low and husky. He gently shook her hand with a smile and sat back down in his huge swivel chair, which didn't seem so huge at all with this man sitting in it.