Prologue

The picture above is what inspired me to write my first Shadowpeach fic! It belongs to this amazing artist and writer, Rinxchka!! You can catch them here or on twitter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Macaque sat at a booth on the far corner of the shop. Amethyst eyes scanned the room until they landed onto a figure sitting by the counter, he then glared with such intensity that could've made anyone cower in fear. His ears twitched under the heavy glamour when he heard soft and gentle laughter coming from the person he's intensely scrutinizing, a complete contrast to its owner, but its one he longed to hear again. He sighed and continued to stare at the figure.

They were a monkey like him but they had golden fur and their hair was in a braid that reached their mid back. They were wearing a white crop top sleeveless shirt with a peach design on the front, red baggy cargo pants and white sneakers. They were talking to a young man in a red bandana who smiled at them and a scholar who was happily eating a bowl of noodles. He felt his eye twitch and sighed again then he turned his gaze away from the person that was the cause of his turmoil. 

Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, The Great Sage Equal to Heaven, his Sun, his Peaches, his Gem, has been ignoring him for the past couple of weeks.

Avoiding him whenever he can, making up excuses when the shadow demon would come to visit, ignoring him on outings and on hangouts with their friends, or just flat out hide away from him. Just like right now in the pig's noodle shop, Macaque felt his eye twitch in annoyance and felt he was on the verge of snapping when the golden furred king completely ignored him earlier but managed to control himself.

(He won't admit that it hurts, that the sage pretending that he didn't exist didn't hurt, that the one he has longed to be with, to be friends again ghosting him didn't hurt, he can fool his mind that it doesn't but he can't fool his heart)

He let out a groan then stood up. He walked towards them and he saw that the sage spotted him from the corner of his eye, stopping his conversation with the boy, then turned back towards the counter and continued eating his noodles. Macaque narrowed his eyes at the action. The young man had a confused expression on his face but it changed into a grin when he saw the black furred monkey.

"Hey Macaque!" He exclaimed with happiness. It made Macaque chuckle has he stopped right in front of him. "Hey Kid."

"You need anything? Cause I could get it for you if you want? Oh and you wouldn't believe what happened when I was out on my deliveries!!" Macaque chuckled at the boy's eagerness. "No thanks kid, just came to tell you that I'm heading back home." The boy deflated for a bit before perking up and sent the shadow monkey a wide smile. 

"Okay! I'll swing on by tomorrow to deliver your noodles!! The usual?"

"You bet kid!" Macaque laughed and the boy grinned but a certain pig demon heard and started yelling.

"OI MK, THOSE NOODLES AIN'T FOR FREE YA KNOW!!" Mk yelped has the chef yelled. He turned to the pig demon with a sheepish smile, the chef glared at him then directed it towards the shadow demon. "AND YOU! WHEN ARE YA GOING TO START PAYING FOR THOSE NOODLES?! ONE FREELOADER IS ENOUGH, I CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE TWO OF YA MOOCHING OFF OF ME!!"  He angrily yelled and it caused the warrior's ears to twitch in agitation but didn't show it and instead the demon monkey only smirked causing a vein to pop up on the chef's forehead.

"Oh come on, Pigsy." He said has he draped an arm around Mk's shoulders, who raised an eyebrow in curiosity, and looked at the chef. "Have a heart will you? It isn't Mk's fault that he is so generous and thoughtful, and it isn't my fault that I can't refuse because it would just break his heart if I refuse the generosity from such a kindhearted boy and since I'm one of the good guys now, I can't say no now can't I?" He placed his other hand on his chest and put on his best sad expression. He hears Mk snickering trying not to laugh and the scholar was giggling has the pig looked like he was about to blow a fuse.