How It All Started

Macaque was sitting on the floor meditating has he waited Mk for their scheduled training session. He was wearing a tight black high neck tank top and grey martial art pants, and all of his glamours were down, all six of his ears were present and a few scars specifically the long scar on his right eye. He inhaled then exhaled and repeat, centering himself in order to keep his focus has he waits for his student, memories of what happened for the past year came to his mind and a smile graced his lips has he remembered.

It had two years after the great war and it was a time of peace. After the battle, everybody took the chance to heal their minds, bodies and souls from the events that transpired that made all of them grew closer to each other. Macaque still can't believe that all of them accepted him into their makeshift little family, after all the pain and trouble he caused them, after how he hurt the people that he came to care for, and sometimes he felt like an outsider that wasn't supposed to be there and the little voice at the back of his head keeps saying that they only did it because they pity him and to keep watch over him so when he messes up, they'll get rid of him. He shook those thoughts away and took a deep breath then his mind drifted to memories of a golden furred monkey.

His face turned into a deep shade of red and it reached the tips of his ears, his tail started wagging has butterflies were fluttering in his chest at the thought of the great sage. It was months after the battle, that the two immortal monkeys decided to try and mend their relationship with support and encouragement from Mk and the others. They were some ups and downs; arguments happened.

("Even after all the shit he put you through, you still care about him!!" "Where were you when I needed you the most?!" "First you abandoned me, then your kingdom, then the ones you were supposed to protect! Would anything be good enough for you?!" "You hurt my family, my master and my friends! Do you have any idea how much that hurt me?!")

Fights occur.

(Blows were exchanged as they continued to hit one another. Punching, kicking, biting and clawing at each other has they let out all the pent-up emotions that they kept deep within themselves unto each other)

And apologies were said.

("I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry!" "I don't know if you can ever forgive me but I'm sorry" "I know I can't back the things I did or said but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for everything" "I'm sorry, Peaches" "I'm so sorry, Plum")

And after all of the pain and heartache, they finally able to mend their relationship after centuries of hate and resentment. The both of them were happy, after all of the pain they cause each other, they were finally happy to be reunited again. They spend time with each other on the mountain or in the city, go on walks together, grooming each other, entertaining the baby monkeys, train together, pick fruits together, relaxing underneath a tree or on the sofa, talking to each other about anything that comes to mind, watching the sunset and gaze at the stars together. The two monkeys felt like they couldn't be more happier than they already are, Macaque most especially.

 Macaque, for the longest time, had wished to have Wukong by his side again, to have his best friend back, his other half, and even with all the pain, betrayal, and heartbreak, deep in his heart he wished for things to go back to what they were supposed to be, to a time where it was just them, where there was no pain, loneliness or heartbreak just happiness and love. He kept thinking about what might've been if he was stronger, he could've fought harder to convince her to stay, could've protected her better, or if was brave enough to take the chance to profess his love for a being that shone like the sun, maybe things would've changed for the better or they could've made it all the more worse. He sighed, he couldn't changed what happened in the past but he will give it his all into the present and looked forward towards what the future may hold even though his heart yearns for his wish to come true.

And it did, after centuries he finally got his wish even though not exactly, he still got the one thing he dreamt about on cold and lonely nights and is that his sun would come back to him. He doesn't care if things wouldn't be has they were in the past just has long his sun stayed by his side, he couldn't be more happier or more grateful than he was. His heart still yearns for the king and he tried to tell him through subtle gestures or tried to tell him through words but Wukong was oblivious to all of them, not just towards Macaque's feelings but to her own has well. It completely infuriated everyone when they witnessed it or tried to help the demon monkey get the message across but it always flew over her head and it just made everyone frustrated especially the warrior.

He sighed has he opened his eyes and stood up. He stretched then took out his phone and looked at the time, hours had passed and their training session was practically over. He raised an eyebrow at this. Usually whenever this happens, Mk always calls him or texts him or comes to tell him in person if he couldn't make it or tell him something came up. After he and Wukong reconciled, they decided to train Mk together. Macaque would train Mk in martial arts and different combat styles using different weapons and making strategic choices in battle while Wukong helps the kid with his powers and teaches him different kinds of magic that would benefit him in the future. He checked his messages if he missed a message from the kid or tried to recall if Mk told him that he couldn't make it today or if something came up that needed his attention but he got nothing. He tried to dialing Mk's number but he got no response, his eyebrows crest in worry and was about to call Mei or Red Son if they knew anything until the Monkie Kid himself came bursting in.

He swiveled his head towards the boy with a blank expression has his ears twitched due to the loud sound. He put his phone into his pocket and turned his body to face the boy then crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Nice of you to finally come but training is already over bud." 

He examined the successor up and down trying to see if he was injured and relaxed when he saw none. He gave the kid a few minutes to catch his breath since he looked like he ran all the way here and when he finally caught his breath, he turned towards the shadow monkey with an anxious expression has he gripped his staff. Macaque raised a brow has his tail swayed behind him. "You better have a good excuse kid, cause I'm not holding back on our next session." Mk started to fidget has his grip on the staff tighten and Macaque noticed. He walked towards him and gripped his shoulder reassuringly. 

"Hey it's alright. Whatever it is you have to tell me couldn't be that bad. Let me guess, you and the bull boy finally had the guts to confess to each other and started courting!" He flashed Mk a teasing grin to lighten the mood but all he saw was a distressed expression on the usually enthusiastic kid has he stared at the ground. His smile dropped and worry began to spread. He gripped Mk's other shoulder gently and bend a bit so he can see his face properly. 

"Mk whatever happened, you can tell me and I'll try to help any way I can." 

He said and Mk looked up to face him. His eyes widen slightly when he saw the boy's eyes had tears and he looked like he was trying to hold back from crying but a few tears fell and said the words that no one at the time didn't know, would lead to the events that changed everything between the warrior and the king.

"Something happened to Monkey King and we need your help."