𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

Here are the result of the adventure entries. Most of the comments were critics, please take them lightly and don't get yourself hurt by words of suggestion and points out. Remember not to let feedback, comments and review put you down. A number is always going to be just a number. Nevertheless, good job to every contestant who joined this award. (also don't mind me, I had a lot to say, hence the long comments.)

please note that some of these comments and reviews were done the moment they do and it won't matter if you change the name, the content or the cover of your book when the result has already been sent.

𝟗𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

Author: la-femme-de-ferJudge: Bridget_BoydTitle: Craving The WildGenre: AdventureScore: 79/100Comments: For the starter, the first chapter was great

Judge: Bridget_Boyd
Title: Craving The Wild
Genre: Adventure
Score: 79/100
Comments: For the starter, the first chapter was great. Believable dialogue exchange and good writing. Not feeling much of the "adventure" side yet tho. Just felt more like teen fiction or YA fiction instead. In the second chapter, I'm not fond of the idea of the protagonist breaking out of the 4th dimension, but I guess it's fine that way too. The title and blurb were fine. Kinda wishing the cover would attract me more, but it's fine just the way it is. Few careless grammar can be seen throughout the book. But it can be easily fixed if the author read it all over, trying to spot it. Plot development, after reading the whole 5 chapters, I still wasn't getting to the adventure bit that was promised in this book. The author was still building up her plot, small steps at a time. It doesn't mean the book was bad, it was good. The author did great building up the stories, but again, it didn't quite fall into the adventure bit yet by then. Character development, couldn't quite see it in the few chapters and the characters, I couldn't exactly feel attached towards them yet. But I can see the potential. Great writer nonetheless.

𝟖𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

Author: Intemporelle33Judge: Bridget_BoydTitle: The GuardiansGenre: AdventureScore: 84

Judge: Bridget_Boyd
Title: The Guardians
Genre: Adventure
Score: 84.5/100
Comments: The start of the book was suddenly thrown right into chaos. It's nothing wrong honestly, but I didn't quite catch the fact that tiger lily might have caused the fire, not until after reading 4 minutes into the first chapter. The story progressed slowly, following a shocked girl after a startling event. Considering the protagonist was probably shaken after what happened, I didn't quite mind the slow path of the story. I do wish there was a bit more than just info dump telling throughout the chapter tho. It lacks a buildup of the plot. The first chapter is important. It is supposed to act as an anchor to pull the reader's attention, hooking them to read more. Some of the tags for each dialogue were a mess. For instance, at one point, I can tell that Tiger lily was the one talking, but next to the speech was White wolf's short action or description. It can be quite confusing and frustrating for the reader, so I suggest the author try to fix that bit of it. At some point, the writing style improves but then it also goes back to its original form, which conveys the author's inconsistency. But it gets better almost permanently when you reached Chapter 3, so I suggest a little touchup in the earlier chapters. Another matter to point out is that some of the speech sometimes sounds wrong. Most of it was to drive the plot forward but the conveying of it sometimes feels unnatural. The hook was placed starting from Chapter 3, and the story started growing interesting by then. You can see an interesting plot and character development when you reached that point. After reading quite a few of those pages, I find the title was quite relevant to the story but I can't help but think that there's a far more attractive title for it. The cover was mediocre okay and the blurb was fine. The book needs a touchup, here and there, but it's mostly a good read. Well done to the author's level of creativity.