•Chapter 5•

***Ashton's POV***

"I knew you tweeted that one!" Zoe shouted over my shoulder at Kyle as I carried her towards him.

"Yep." Kyle nodded.

"Ashton let me go!" Zoe cried as she thrashed around.

"Nope." I chuckled.

"Okay so how are we going to do this?" Mikey asked excitedly, as he grabbed a water balloon in each hand. "Cause if Ash puts her down she's gonna run away."

"Ash can just hold on to her." Cal suggested.

"What I don't want to get wet. I want to throw some too!" I protested.

"Wow gee thanks Ash." Zoe said sarcastically.

"Oh well." Mikey said and threw a water balloon at Zoe which ended up hitting my lower back instead.

"Awwh." I yelled "Oh so that's how we're gonna play. Ok, Zoe would you like to team up on the idiots over there." I asked Zoe.

"Will you put me down?" she asked.

"Yes" I replied.

"Then, Gladly" She smiled and I put her down and we both ran and grabbed a couple of water balloons. I immediately threw mine at Mikey for payback, hitting him right in the middle of his back as he ran away. Zoe threw one at Kyle and the other at Luke while I threw my second one at Calum.

"THIS MEANS WAR!" Michael proclaimed and water balloons started flying across the yard, exploding as they hit bodies.

We continued to throw the balloons at each other, all the while our clothes getting soaking wet. At one point I looked over at Zoe, strands of her hair clinging to her face and her clothes dripping wet, but she was laughing having the best time with the biggest smile on her face. A smile you couldn't help fall for and a laugh you couldn't help but to love.

"Zoe Elizabeth Mason what on earth do you think you are doing?" someone shouted from the sliding glass door that connected the inside of house to the outdoors. We all froze from what we were doing and looked to find Mrs. Mason standing there in shock and a bit of outrage.

"Nothing mum, it's just an innocent water balloon fight." Zoe tried to say as calmly and innocently as possible, you can tell the tension was growing. I've grown up knowing Mrs. Mason like a second mother to me and when she was mad you didn't want to be the one she was mad at.

"Yeah it's for her video." Kyle added. Meanwhile, Luke, Mikey, Calum and I all stood to the side awkwardly not wanting to get involved.

"You mean to tell me you made this mess in the kitchen and got all the outdoor furniture wet all for your stupid video?" Mrs. Mason said.

"Mum calm down it's-" Kyle tried to say something but was cut off by Zoe.

"It's not stupid mum." Zoe said defensively. "We were going to clean up and the water balloon fight was Kyle's idea!"

"Zoe when are you going to grow up and take responsibility for once?" Mrs. Mason sighed.

"Are you kidding me?" Zoe said looking insulted and pissed off. "I took the responsibility for what I did, I'm not taking the fall for something that was Kyle's idea and fault!" she argued back.

"No, you are not going to blame for your brother for half of this, this was for 'your video' you need to take the responsibility." Mrs. Mason told her.

"Woah, mum calm down, Zoe's telling the truth, the water balloon fight was my idea. I started it." Kyle fessed up. "Zoe didn't even know that it was going to happen. It was my fault."