•Chapter 9•

Playlist:
Love Somebody- Maroon 5
Let's Love- Echosmith
Smile- Avril Lavigne
Nothin' Like You- Dan + Shay

***Ash's POV***

"Can you guys tell us now!" Luke whined.

"No." Calum said as Michael, Zoe, Kyle, Luke's best friend since they were younger, Kirra, and himself sat around the coffee table in Michael's livingroom.

"How 'bout now?" I asked waiting a few minutes to ask after Luke.

"Nope." Zoe said as the five of them started whispering again. Kyle had talked to his mum and had managed to get Zoe ungrounded which was awesome because now we can actually hang out again.

"Come on!" Luke sighed. "Why can't you tell us."

"Because." Kirra responded.

"That's not an answer!" Luke and I both pointed out.

My birthday was about three weeks ago, while Luke's was two. We were on tour at the time and did something for our birthday's then, however Michael and Calum want to throw a proper party for us now that we're home for a bit. We came home early because our good friend and neighbor, Lauren- yes Lauren Jacobs the gymnast- got badly beaten by her dad while she was home before leaving for the Olympics. Michael was grief stricken when we found out what had happen, he's been visiting her everyday for the past three weeks while she was in the hospital. She left for the Olympics last week and we plan on watching every one of her competitions she's in for the Olympics.

Meanwhile as a way to distract himself some, Mike has personally taken it upon himself to plan the party and has gotten Cal, Kyle, Zoe and Kirra in on the planning and no one is telling us anything.

"Oh my god can you two please go distract them because they obviously dont want a party!" Michael said with annoyance directing Zoe and Kirra to do something with me and Luke.

"Ugh fine!" Kirra sighed. "Come on you lazy breadstick." she giggled reaching out for Luke's hand as we sat on the couch.

"Not unless you tell me what you're planning." Luke said. "And stop calling me breadstick."

"Not going to happen. Now get up or I'll go and take Pengie hostage." she evishly giggled and ran towards the front door.

"You said you would never tell anyone about him!" Luke yelled embarrassed, as he ran after her.

"Awe they're cute together." Zoe commented.

"Yeah if only the dip shit had the balls to ask her out already." Michael explained causing us to laugh.

"Come on." Zoe laughed rolling her eyes reaching for my hand. I didn't resist taking her hand. She started leading me towards the door.

"Where are we going." I inquired as she pulled me behind her, my hand still intertwined with hers.

"For a drive." she said as we walked to her car.

I climbed into the passenger seat as she drove down the road of the neighborhood. I recognized where we were going as she pulled up in front of her old house. Her old house was right next door to undeveloped field that we would always play and hide in along with Kyle when we were growing up. I still remember hanging out in this huge old tree that was perfect for climbing we came upon one day.

"Well aren't you coming?" she asked with a soft smile on her face as she stood on the curb waiting for me to join her.

"Yeah!" I said happily as I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. "Why are we here?" I curiously asked joining her.