chapter one

monday, 2:34 pm.
new school year. new start. which was exactly what bruce needed. the last school year had been.. rough, to say the least. he was still partly trying to move on from the boy he had almost dated the the past year. key word almost. they had agreed to part ways, but bruce couldnt lie, he still thought about him all the time. how could he not? he had never been that happy before. they had one more interaction before the end of the school when bruce went home at the same cafe they met at. bruce thought about it a lot. but, none of that was important. none of that mattered.
it was a new year. bruce wasn't going to focus on any of that. he noticed his friend, donna, waving at him and he hurried over to her. "hey! donna!" he smiled as he approached her. "hey bruce!" she smiled back. "how was your summer break?" she asked as they headed into the dorm building to get their keys. "it was good! i spent a lot of time with my sister. how was yours?" he answered. "also good." she pushed the door open for bruce and herself and the two walked in. "i'm glad!" he looked around the dormitory building, taking in everything again. his gaze landed on the back door. it was stupid, but immediately brought the memories of him and vance sneaking in after getting their slushies. it made him smile to himself, but it was more of a sad smile.
"helloooo? bruce?" donna spoke up. "huh? oh- yeah, sorry?" he cleared his throat, looking at donna again. "are you gonna get your key?" she held his key out to him. "oh! thank you-" he smiled, taking the key. "i'm gonna head to my dorm, catch up with you in a bit, yeah?" donna nodded. "i'll see you later." she said with a smile before bruce headed off. his dorm was the same as last year. that was good and bad. good, for being easy to remember, and bad for the memories there. he zoned out, letting his thoughts distract him. it was a bad habit he never really got rid of. although, he was shook out of his thoughts when he ran into someone.
     "shit, i'm so sor—"  he looked up from his key, coming eye to eye with none other than vance hopper. "— oh." was all he said as he finished the sentence. they stood there in silence, staring at eachother. bruce wasn't sure if he wanted to breakdown crying or smile and hug vance. he decided neither were appropriate. "sorry, i wasn't paying attention." he stepped to the side, heading back towards his room — rather quickly. he glanced back once or twice, and it looked like vance hadn't gone anywhere.
    he unlocked his door and stepped in and closed the door behind himself quickly. he was not ready for that. not near as ready as he thought he was. shit. had he not moved on? was he still hung on vance hopper?
——————————————————
word count: 608
sorry this chapter is short asf 😭 anyways i was gonna take a break bc im losing motivation but i feel pointless without having chapters to upload n shit idk it makes me feel less empty (#emo) i'm probably gonna upload rlly slowly (im very sorry) due to lack of motivation + i dont have much of a plot for this book i guess so i'll just make it up as i go and hope it's not bad 🤨 anyways i hope you guys like this book so far i'll try & update atleast once a week !!