chapter seven

sunday, 2:00 pm
"i dont know, i think i seriously fucked things up, donna." bruce groaned, pacing around his room nervously. donna sighed. "bruce, if you're so worried about it, then maybe, just maybe, you should talk to him." she suggested, looking up from her phone to look at bruce. "what? no! he probably hates me right now. i cant talk to him, and even if i could, he wouldn't want to talk to me." bruce shakes his head and donna stands up, setting the phone beside her. "do you really like this guy?" bruce nodded. "then you'd try and fix things, bruce. you would pursue him either way." she grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. "but what if things go badly?" he bit his lip, looking at her. "than it wasn't meant to be bruce, and i'll be here for you if they do go badly, but something tells me they really won't, okay?" she grabbed her phone off the bed, opening her messages app to reply to a text from — unbeknownst to bruce — finney blake, of course. because right now, a pair of inside ears was exactly what both of them needed.
bruce sighed. "fine, i guess you're right." donna smiled. "great! i'm glad we can agree, because you're gonna meet up with him in an hour." bruce's eyes widened. "what?! why? donna! what the hell?!" he panicked. "hey, it'll be fine bruce." she put a hand on his shoulder. "look, i promise you." she offered a reassuring smile, but all she got in return was a glare. she chuckled. "you got this."
               —————————
sunday, 3:30pm
    so, despite bruce's many words of disagreement, he found himself in the gazebo at the same stupid park. he was starting to hate the park. it was sprinkling, and vance wasnt there yet. he was freezing his ass off, and was 90% sure vance wouldn't even show. although, after a couple more minutes vance made his way over to the gazebo. "sorry for being late-" he apologized. he immediately took notice to how much bruce was shivering. he started taking his coat off. "here." bruce looked at him, raising a brow. "n-no. you keep it."
    "bruce, you're freezing. take the damn jacket." he held it out to him. bruce reluctantly took it. "thanks.." he put it on. "no problem." he cleared his throat, looking away from the other boy. bruce looked at the ground, before groaning. "why are we even here?" vance brought his gaze to meet bruce's now. "what do you mean?" he fidgeted with his shirt. "you know what i mean. we already agreed not to talk. we already agreed to move on. so why are we here? we wont work. we cant work. so what's the point?" vance stares at him, frozen. he didn't want to hear that, bruce didn't want to say that. "you already said it yourself," bruce shrugged. "we weren't meant for eachother." vance bit his lip. "there's no point, thats the answer." bruce sighed. "no. for once, i have to argue that you're wrong, bruce."
     bruce looked at him, confusion plastered on his face. "so what if it seems like we aren't meant for eachother? we could try." he offers a small smile, but bruce scoffs. "that's real ironic coming from you, vance." bruce crossed his arms. "youre the one who wanted to stop talking." he shakes his head. "bruce- i wanted to protect you! i wanted to make sure you weren't getting put in danger because of me!"
      "i don't need protecting, vance! i'm not just a weak little boy! i can take care of myself! i'm just as a capable as you." he glared. "i know, i know- but that guy hurt you and i didn't want to see that happen again! it was my fault bruce." bruce's features softened when he noticed the tears pricking at the corner of vance's eyes. he reached for vance's hand, taking it in his own. "vance, that wasn't your fault. that was never your fault. it was an incident that shouldn't have happened. but it wasn't your fault." tears fell from vance's eyes now. "it was, bruce! if i would've been there.. o-or if i had never fought that stupid asshole, then maybe—"
    bruce cut him off, putting a hand on his cheek. "sure, then maybe it wouldn't have happened. but maybe it still would have. it doesn't matter anymore. i'm perfectly fine now vance, look at me. it didn't take me long to heal. but either way, it was never your fault. how would you have known he was gonna kick my ass?" bruce shook his head. "you couldn't have. is this what this whole thing was about..? it all leads back to that..?" vance hesitantly nodded. "i broke things off so i'd never have to see you hurt again. but.. it was stupid. ive never been as happy with anyone as i was with you. ive never loved anyone like i loved — like i love you. ive spent this whole year trying to move on.. but i just.. cant! its so stupid." he brings a hand up to wipe his eyes.
    bruce couldnt help a small smile. "i love you too. its stupid, but i never stopped. i love you so fucking much- more than i've ever loved anyone as well. so, i say fuck it. i dont care if it 'puts me in danger' or you think 'i deserve better' i dont care. i want to be with you, vance. that's all i want. i dont care what anyone else thinks. because, shit, i'm in love with you, and love means taking risks, doesn't it?" now it was bruce's turn to have tears pricking at his eyes. vance didnt say anything, he just pulled bruce in for a kiss. bruce closed his eyes, practically melting into the kiss. he brought his hands up to run through vance's hair, as usual. he smiled into the kiss, and vance smiled feeling him smile.
     it wasn't like the kiss from a couple nights ago. it didnt feel like 'a heat of the moment' kiss. it felt like a happy kiss. like they both said everything they wanted to say with that kiss. like all their problems would wither away as long as they had eachother. that's what it felt like, and that's what it was.
——————————————————
word count: 1,104
yall are lucky ily guys fr
anyways, this book was kinda short but this WILL be the last chapter !! i hope you all enjoyed and idk if i'll write another book but i'll decide later so yeah🥰

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 • 𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 🎉