chapter three

tuesday, 4:00 pm.
bruce groaned as he flopped down on his bed. "what?" donna spoke up, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "i have literaly all my classes with vance! the universe hates me, i swear to god." he sits back up, putting his face in his hands. "or maybe the universe it's trying to tell you something else, ya know." donna offers, getting her homework out of her bag so she could start on it. "donna! he wanted to stop talking to me, the universe is not trying to tell me anything — other than maybe that it hates me." donna shakes her head. "i'm telling you, he probably really wants to talk to you, bruce. you should see the way he stares at you whenever he's around you." she stated simply, never bringing her gaze to meet bruce's.
"h-huh?! he doesn't stare at me-! he's probably looking at someone else who is near me, dont be stupid, donna." he shakes his head. "he's definitely moved on, he's the one who called things off, after all." now, donna shakes her head, sighing. "whatever you say. i heard there's a party this weekend, maybe we should go to get your mind off him. who knows, you might find someone else there." she winks and bruce chuckled, but in all honesty, he didn't want anyone else. he wanted vance back. but he knew that wouldn't work. "sure, it sounds fun. a dorm party?" donna nods. "yeah," bruce smiles slightly. "cool." 
    ever since he first bedfriended donna he'd started going to a lot more parties. surprisingly donna wasn't a really a 'party girl' though. she usually only showed up for a little, dragging bruce with her and then dragging him back out. she was pretty popular, and bruce could understand why. she was nice to everyone, pretty, and she came from a family with good money. bruce was surprised when donna wanted to hang out with him out of all people, but he made no objections. he was grateful to have her as a friend. he stopped his train of thought, speaking up the keep the conversation going.
    "starting out the year strong with a party already, eh?" he joked, earning a small laugh from donna. "yeah, i know. it's only the first weekend— a welcome back or welcome to, i suppose?" bruce nodded in reply. "yeah, that makes sense. do you know who's throwing it?" he asked. donna nodded. "yeah. chase katz, i believe."
     "honestly, shouldve known that. i'm not surprised." he chuckled and donna , chuckled to herself as well. she checked her phone, looking at the time, before quickly standing up. "i just remembered i promised my partner we could work on the art project tonight-" she started gathering her stuff before slinging her bag over her should. "i'm so sorry to bail on you." bruce looked at her, shaking his head. "oh, no worries! have fun on your project." he smiled and she gave a quick wave before rushing out. bruce sighed as he watched her leave. he hated being alone. it let his mind wander too much.
    he figured he should probably start on homework, but he didn't really feel like doing that at the moment. instead, he got on his phone and decided to scroll through instagram, which was a mistake. when he opened it, the first that came up in his recommended was none other than vance. of course, he ignored it and continued to do something else like any normal would. right? no. he did not. instead, he clicked on the profile and proceeded to scroll through vance's instagram, because what else would he do? not be a stalker? of course not.
    the account was recently new. the first post was only a month ago. wait. why was bruce scrolling to the bottom of vance's page? that didn't seem like something someone who had moved on would do, to be honest. it seemed to just hit bruce what he was doing as those thoughts ran through his mind. he sighed and set his phone down. this was getting borderline stalker-ish. he sighed, putting his face in his hands. why couldn't he get over this stupid boy? he groaned, flopping back on his bed. although, he knocked his phone off the bed. he huffed, it was not his night. he leaned off the edge of the bed and picked his phone up.
    unfortunately for him, in the process he had liked the photo. the first photo on the account. the photo from a month ago. bruce eyes widened and he quickly unliked the photo, panic washing over him. oh my god, he was such an idiot. he shut his phone down quicker than he had ever before. he ran a hand through his hair. there was no way vance wasnt going to see that. fuck. see? the universe really did hate him. he groaned again, standing up. he would just distract himself with his homework and not turn his phone back on, surely that could work. except, he knew he'd eventually have to turn his phone back on.
     whatever, he wouldn't worry about that right now. he would just pray that vance didnt see the notification. he would pray hard.
——————————————————
word count: 884
bruce u dummy 😕