chapter five

trigger warning, boderline s/a? i'm not rlly sure if it is but here's your warning anyway
——————————————————
friday, 6:30 pm.
     bruce was having a lot of second thoughts about the party. but, donna would be mildly upset with him for canceling. so, here he was, in the bathroom of donna's house watching her do her eyeliner. she turned to face him. "how does this look?" he looked up at her. "great!" he offered a smile and a thumbs up. "okay, cool." she paused, and the look on her face worried him. "you should let me do your make up!" she said with a big smile. bruce's eyes widened and he shook his head. "nope. nuh-uh. no." she frowned. "pleeeease! come on, please bruce!" he pleaded, but bruce didn't budge. they continued for about ten minutes before donna finally gave up. "fiiiine." she said with a huff, crossing her arms. "thank you." bruce said. "we're going to be late unless we get going now." she checked the time, panic crossing her face. "oh my god you're right. come on, let's get going now." she grabbed his hand, quickly pulling him up and leading him out of the bathroom.
                 —————————
    when they got to the party, it didn't take long for them to part ways. donna had certain people she wanted to see, and bruce usually just stood around. awkwardly. donna looked around as they made their way in. she noticed some of her friends and turned to face bruce. "i'm gonna go talk to some people, i'll catch up with you later, yeah?" she gave a small and he nodded. "alright, don't get into trouble, mkay?" she joked, planting a kiss to his cheek before turning and heading over to a group of people. bruce gave a smal wave and sighed to himself, walking over to the table with the snacks and drinks. all the stupid cookies said 'welcome' bruce didnt know why, but it pissed him off. little did he know, someone was staring him down.
     the second that bruce had stepped foot into the party, vance hadnt taken his eyes off of him. so, of course he noticed when donna placed a kiss onto his cheek, and it was driving him nuts. they definitely must've been dating. it made his blood boil. he kept his gaze on bruce, watching as he swiftly made his way over to the drink table. he watched him get a drink, but then he went down a hallway and vance lost sight of him. although, he noticed another boy trailing right behind him. vance wasnt sure why, but it gave him a bad feeling. so, he found himself getting up and following behind the other two boys.
                 —————————
    bruce was overwhelmed with the party and needed to get away for a couple minutes. he'd made his way into an empty room so he could have some alone time. he was grateful when he stepped in and there was no one hooking up. that had happened to him more times than he'd like to admit. he stepped into the room and sighed, but he flinched when a voice spoke up. "hey." he quickly turned around to face the voice, and it was none other than chase, the boy who had thrown the party. "oh- hi." bruce cleared his throat. the other boy was decently popular, as you probably could've guessed considering he was throwing a party, and bruce could understand why. he was a decently good looking boy. he had black fluffy hair and brown eyes, along with very noticeable freckles that were dotted all along his face. bruce wasn't sure why he would hide away during his own party. he walked into the room, closing the door behind himself.
"come in here to get away from everything, hm?" he looked at bruce, who nodded slowly. "yeah.. it's a little overwhelming." he chuckled awkwardly. "so.. your friends with donna, yeah?" bruce nodded. "uh-huh. she's my best friend, i think." chase nods. "i can see why. she's a pretty girl. you guys ever kissed?" that question caught him off guard by a lot. it was midly intrusive. "e-excuse me? no- no, we've never kissed. its not like that." bruce shakes his head. "oh, are you not into girls?" he took a step towards bruce, who slowly backed away. "eh? no- i'm into girls. w-well, and guys i guess—" he swallowed thickly. "yeah, so i've heard. you and vance hopper had a thing for a while, hm?" bruce backed himself into a wall. "oh, uhm.." he trailed off. "i guess we did." he shrugged.
chase took a couple more steps towards him, they were pretty close now. "oh? so how are into guys?" bruce reluctantly nodded. chase tilted his head with a smirk. "so.. maybe you'd be willing to give me a kiss? maybe something more?" bruce's eyes widened. "p-pardon? what? no. i-i'm not looking for anything right now." he shook his head. "oh? just a hook up kinda guy? i'm good with that." he started to wrap an around bruce, but bruce pushed him off. "no! i dont want that either. i dont want anything with you!" he tried to make his way to the door, but he was stopped by chase. "hey, hey. no need to play hard to get. look, i know you want this. who wouldn't?"
"he said no." a voice spoke up, interrupting chase. bruce looked up, and for once, he was more than grateful to see vance. chase turned around, his gaze landing on vance. "oh. you." he rolled his eyes. "can we help you?" he asked, crossing his arms. vance made his way over to them. "yeah, actually, you can. you can leave. he said no, now you need to leave him alone." chase started to make a remark, but when vance lifted his arm he reluctantly agreed and made his way out of the room. "hey, are you okay?" vance watched chase leave before looking at bruce, who was on the verge of tears. vance quickly cupped his cheeks. "heyhey- its okay, he's gone now." bruce leaned into vance's touch, wrapping his arms around him.
"i-i'm okay. i'm good. i'm fine." he took a minute before bringing his gaze up to meet vance's own. they stared at eachother in silence before vance pulled bruce in for a hug. "holy fucking shit i've missed you so much." he buried his face in bruce's shoulder. "god, ive missed you too." bruce tightened his grip around him. they stayed like that for a little while before they both pulled back and returned to staring at eachother. before either of them could process, their lips were on eachothers. bruce had his hands in vance's hair and vance had his hands cupped around bruce's cheeks. bruce wasn't sure if it was how much they'd longed for eachother or the heat of the moment, it didn't take long before it lead to a small make-out session. god, bruce had missed this — bruce missed vance so much. vance broke the kiss, opening his eyes to look at bruce again.
that seemed to be when it hit both of them. what were they doing? exactly what they had agreed to never do again. vance rubbed bruce's cheek with his thumb. "shit.." he cursed under his breath. he never wanted to let the other boy go. bruce leaned into his touch. they stared at eachother for a few more seconds before they both let go. "i-i need to go." bruce said quickly, and vance's nodded. "that's probably a good idea.." he looked at the ground. he wanted to look at anything other than bruce. "yeah. goodbye." he bit his lip, making his way past vance and out of the room. fuck, he'd really messed up this time. the words repeated through both of their heads over and over again.
——————————————————
word count: 1,321
uh oh ! 🤗