Chapter Eleven: Friction

Chloe sat at her desk, bored to death.

She glanced over at her new friend Lila, who was darting her eyes around to see if anyone noticed she was using her phone in class.

'When is this stupid class going to end! I'd rather be doing literally anything else.' She wines to herself.

She glanced over at her ex-bestfriend and his posse.

Her spiteful expression turns into a guilty one as she turns away to find some sort of distraction.

How could she have let someone as perfect and kind slip her grasp so easily? She had loved him since they were toddlers. She was so mad at herself, it was driving her crazy.

'Alright class! I think its time to pack up. Now don't forget to fill out your goals lists for next weeks Academic Support period." Mrs. Bustier announces.

"Finally! C'mon Sabrina." Chloe commands.

They walk down the hallway together, Sabrina trailing behind and carrying Chloe's bag as usual. And just as they got to Chloe's locker, she looks up the hall at Marinette's.

She was kissing Adrien.

She thought she had come to terms with it since seeing them hold hands that morning. But seeing them kiss was so much worse.

"Lets go Sabrina!" Chloe shouts, gathering her things by herself. They start down the hallway towards the door and out onto the sidewalk, where Chloe's driver was waiting. As usual.

On the car ride home, Chloe was quieter than normal. She sat there looking out the window pondering the days events. She wondered if she would ever find someone she liked as much as Adrien.
"Are you alright Mademoiselle?" Her driver asks.
"Just fine Jean.... whatever." she answers.
A look filled with worry for the girl appeared on the driver's face as he decided not to prod any further.

When they arrived back at the hotel, Chloe went immediately up to her room and shooed Sabrina away.
"But Chloe-" Sabrina cries.
"I just want to be alone alright?" Chloe quietly pleas out of character as she tried to close the door.
"No! I can tell you're not okay Chloe. I know it hurts but I promise you WILL find someone better meant for you!"
"I'm fine!" Chloe barks.
Sabrina removes her foot from the door and hangs her head.
"See you at Adrien's party then?" Sabrina asks.
"I'm... not going." Chloe answers.
"But, he invited us? He will be so hurt if you don't show up!"
"Who cares? I'm a nobody to him now anyway!" she argues.
Sabrina had never seen her best friend's confidence so low before. It concerned her.
She pulled out her phone and called her father for a ride home.
'I sure hope she still comes...'

Chloe quickly locked her door, threw her things to the floor, and then herself onto the bed.
And she let herself cry.
For the first time since she first found out that Adrien was dating Marinette, she had let herself cry.
She pulled her satin hair-tie of her hair and cusped it in her hand.
"Its too late..." she cried to herself.
"He will never want to talk to me again! And its all because he fell in love with that... that... nobody."
Chloe's tears of sadness turned to tears of frustration as she turned over on her back and let the them fall behind her ears.
The wave of anger that came over her grew stronger, just in time to feed the familiar black butterfly that suddenly appeared by her window.

Ladybug and Cat Noir swung through the city towards the museum.

"There!" LB shouts, pointing towards the louvre.
"Seriously? Hawk Moth really needs to start picking new places to akumatize people!" Cat Noir cracks. "These are historical buildings!"