08

I knew I had passed out from the moment I opened my eyes and saw the alpha's son behind the wheels of a car I had no recollection of being in

I knew I had passed out from the moment I opened my eyes and saw the alpha's son behind the wheels of a car I had no recollection of being in. I sat up in the passenger seat, taking in the interior of the car with his new car smell, and immediately regretted every motion when a pounding sensation erupted inside my skull. I grabbed a handful of my hair hoping that would ease the pain but the thumping continued.

"Drink this," the wolf reached inside one of the many pockets of his olive cargo pants and handed me a small glass circular object. It looks like a buzz ball you get from the liquor store but not as cool and with a potent honey smell radiating from the closed top. "that Hellraiser really did a number on you back there."

With a bit of hesitation, I took the cup from his hand and took a small sip of the mysterious liquid. To my surprise, the drink didn't taste anything like I would've expected. It tasted like egg tarts, the custard taste spreading across my taste buds. Before I knew it, I had downed the whole drink in seconds. However, quickly after finishing, I felt embarrassed as I realized how mannish and ill-mannered I must've looked doing that next to him. Embarrassed, I placed the drink down in the cup holder beside me, wiping my lips of the residue with the back of my hands.

I looked around the car noticing it was just the two of us. "Where's —"

"Your boyfriend? He's okay. I took him to the hospital and he should be fine and won't remember any of what happened to him."

I made a face but his head is pointed directly ahead at the road so he doesn't even notice. "He's not my boyfriend." I don't know why I felt the need the clarify that information to him but I did even though he didn't even really seem to care because he shrugged his broad shoulders at me and said. "whatever."

I sat up in my seat noticing the empty road we were driving on completely covered in a foggy mist that made it hard to see. I look at him wondering how he managed but then I remember this is a werewolf driving and everything starts to make a little more sense. I turn out the window to the empty grass fields, driving past herds of cows and horses passing often before we're met with the morning dew grassy fields again.

"Where are we going?" I ask questions that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to.

"Halence." His voice rumbled, so deep and quick that it sent a slight chill down my back from how emotionless he said it like it was just nothing to him like I wasn't being forced to be relocated to a place I did not want to be. I exhaled a low sigh knowing there was no point in bickering. I don't even know where we are right now so even if I got out and tried to make my way back I wouldn't know how, and God forbid another one of those creatures come for again.

"You couldn't let go home first and pack some clothes? Toiletries? Snacks?"

The wolf finally turns his attention away from the road and meets my stare for the first time this entire car ride. His features are eerily sharp and sculpted like he'd been painted years ago. His thick brows raise at me, the dreads of his head balled into a bun onto his head moving with it. He motions to the back seat. "I packed for you."