This was her fate now...

The year is 1528... Florence

"Have I not made myself clear? I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE!"Elisabetta De Medici roared at her father. "It even sounds stupid."She mimicked his voice as he gave her these speeches"You have to sail to England to serve Catherine of Aragon as a lady-in-waiting and find a rich husband... to me, that sounds awful like 'go to England with no clear future and not even an arranged marriage'" Her father, Massimiliano De Medici was furious."Do you think this is a joke? Well Elisabetta, wake up from the dream of a fairytale happily ever after. Because you are not going to get one. Here, in this world, no one gets one! So you can do whatever you want. But if you stay here, you will no longer be welcome in this house."He stormed out of the room and slammed the door, leaving her behind to cry in the library. She asked herself many times why She had to leave Florence. It was such a beautiful city with so many friendly people, her family, her friends were there. The mere thought of leaving for another country made her sick. She couldn't, She wouldn't leave! To think that she may never see her beloved family made her cry. Suddenly, her lady-in-waiting, Victoria burst into the room with a dog in her arms. "Signora, I thought you could use someone to cheer you up, I thought you could use someone to cheer you up a bit"

She said with a small smile on her beautiful face. She was her lady in waiting, but also her best friend. They knew each other for eighteen years, as victoria acted as an older sister to Elisabetta, even if they were only four years apart. She often brushed Elisabetta's long red hair into long braids and put fresh flowers into them. This was a very intimal symbol between them, as Elisabetta does not like people touching her hair and Victoria does not like to be serving others, but it doesn't bother either of them when Victoria braids the hair. Hern dog Chiara was a present from her late Nonna (Grandmother). Whom she adored and was even named after. Her second name was to honour her mother Giovanna Borgia. But nothing could have cheered her up after hearing this devastating news. "I do not think even Chiara can cheer me up, and I think neither can you" Her smile vanished and she let the dog jump off her arms and under Elisabetta's bed as she wondered what might become of him."Elisabetta...this is what you must do, not only to your father but to your whole family. I know I don't understand you and never will but I will come with you to this new land and help you" She took Elisabetta's hand and held it long "I promise" Tears started to flow and they both hugged. This was now her fate.

A few days later
Victoria carried some light-weighing bags into the carriage. They were only allowed to bring a small amount of stuff, to make the travel faster. That fact gave Elisabetta a lot of pain, and there was nothing to remind her of her home. Her Father and her Mother came to say their goodbyes. Although they insisted on her departing, it was still hard for them to let their beloved principessa go. "My daughter, Elisabetta de Medici," Massimiliano said while kissing her forehead.
"May God be by your side and help you on your journey" "My Principessa, I will miss you so much. Soon you will be learning of the beauty of motherhood, I will always be with you in your prayers and you in mine." Her mother sadly declares. These were the last words her parents said to her before she stepped into the carriage and took one last look at her beloved home. The ride would take two to three days and then they would sail over the channel. She must admit that she was scared. After a day and a half of travelling by horse, she was exhausted. She looked at Victoria who was shivering because of the cold. She turned to the coachman and said:

"Sir, me and also my lady think that everyone here is very tired and also cold. We thought about staying somewhere the night to continue our ride tomorrow."
The coachman smiled at her.
"My Lady, that is a good idea indeed. We are near Paris and could ask the French king to grant us hospitality. I will send a rider right away"
They stopped near a big oak tree and she and Victoria got out of the carriage. The whole landscape was filled with a thin layer of snow. They send the fastest horse and most experienced rider to send the request to the king of France. She was scared that the king might decline our request. But the rider returned with a big smile on his face and a letter in his hand.
"My Lady! My Lady!"
He shouted, waving the letter he held in his right hand. He stopped the horse right in front of her and handed Elisabetta the letter.
"Sir, thank you very much that you took on this ride, which was certainly not an easy task."
She bowed her head to this rider, whom she had great respect for.
"May I know your name, sir?"
She asked while taking the letter and giving it to Victoria.
"Thomas Knollys my lady. I was sent from England to protect you on your journey."
He presented himself hissing her hand.
"Thomas Knollys, I owe you something for bringing me the..."
She looked at Victoria reading the letter and nodded in her direction.
"Great news and I promote you to my personal guard"
He looked a bit shocked but Elisabetta was fully serious.
"My Lady, it is an honour for me and I will make myself suitable for this task."
Elisabeth laughed at the fact that he took everything so serious
" I think we talked enough, let's ride to the caste before it gets dark"

Hope this was alright for the first chapter, trying to keep the chapters short so that it might be easier to read them. Have a lovely day