Defeated a boy and yet not even strained

After the feast, Henry went to look after Elisabetta. She disappeared from the banquet an hour earlier which worried him a lot. But of respect, he was not allowed to leave. He knocked at her door but no one answered. "Elisabetta? It's me, Henry" still no response. He slowly opened the door, but the room behind it was empty. The bed was not arranged and was a pure mess, the candle on the table was still burning and the book she was reading was still open. Neither of her ladies was there. He stormed around the palace in anger and knocked on the door of Charles Brandon's room." Charles open up immediately," he commanded. Brandon did so and let him in. "Henry, what's the matter?" he asked after noticing the worried expression on the king's face. "Elisabetta, she has disappeared, I entered her room and she wasn't there.", he explained. "She's probably somewhere. Tomorrow it will surely be solved."  the duke assured him.

The next morning

Charles Brandon was indeed right. Elisabetta De Medici sat at the breakfast table next to the King of Scotland. But she didn't even grant Henry a look. She didn't look comfortable either, relatively defeated.  Henry's gaze was glued to the contusion beneath her right eye. He wanted to know who or what did something to her and tear it into pieces. Elisabetta got up from her chair, Henry's gaze still upon her, she curtsied to the king and retreated to her chambers. Henry got up from the table and intended to follow her, but the voice of his nephew interrupted his acts: "Uncle, leaving so soon? I thought we could have a pleasant jousting duel later, I hear you have quite a talent." The king challenged him. One thing that Henry hated, was being called 'uncle'. Not only by the boy king from Scotland but also by the Holy Roman Emperor. It made him feel so aged. "My dear nephew, you are right. my reputation as a jouster is known far and bride. I would enjoy a duel very much." Now there was no way he would be able to reach Elisabetta alone before the night. As he was making his way to his room to fetch his armour he encounters Victoria, bringing a pile of fabrics away. "Victoria?" He asked. "Yes, my king?" "Will you tell Lady Elisabetta she must stay in her chambers tonight?" Victoria nodded and continued her way. 

As Henry watched the Scottish knights duel against each other, he felt a cold look upon himself. He did not dare to turn and seek out who it might be, but he had his suspicions. When the time came he retreated to his tent and put his armour on.  He got out of the tent in full armour, fetched his horse and engaged himself in a conversation with Charles. "Me? Against a 16-year-old? That's almost a kid." He had little desire to compete against a child. "Well, at least I can talk to Elisabetta tonight. That might clear my thoughts." He looked forward to it. "Why do you care so much about a woman, a mere lady? Not even of noble birth," he asked his friend. 'Well, I have a feeling. She's something special." he gushed. When he arrived at the tiltyard, a boy hands him his lance. He got on his horse and made his way to the platform, where the throne of the king of Scotland was standing, next to it was also a much smaller one and Elisabetta was sitting on it. Your ladies have done a wonderful job with their hair, pinned up neatly. There was not a single hair on her face, which only enhanced its beauty. He handed her the tip of the lance. "Would my lady do me the honour?" he asked with a smirk on his face. Elisabetta got up, curtsied and tied a bow at the top of the lance. All this without even looking at him once. 

(Just gonna skip the duel cause I have no clue how to describe that :))

Charles Brandon laughed and padded Henry's shoulder." you defeated the boy And yet not even strained" He pointed out. Henry looked with a smile on his face to the floor. "I can't believe this took the whole afternoon," Henry complained and retread into his tend. There he removed his armour and washed off the blood on his face. The first contestant struggled to keep himself from losing blood all over him. The darkness of the night was beginning to show itself. Henry was in the garden and picked a bunch of red and white roses for his love. The idea of being separated from her hurt him deeply, but he could not reject her wishes. Queen was the highest rank she would be able to get, marrying a lord or duke would be an opportunity thrown away. He had his queen,  a queen incapable to bear a male heir and a woman he didn't desire anymore, but she will have to be his queen till the grave. Henry worried about the future of England, a woman on its throne. How many would reject her and start rebelling against the crown? He needs a male heir to clear the succession once and for all. The letter requiring the divorce was already sent weeks ago to the Vatican, but still no response from the pope. But only time would have answers...

He made his way down the hallway of the palace and noticed the darkness lying there. A place too dark for such a pretty and light soul like hers. Through the lock of Elisabetta's chambers, the light was shining and he knew that she was there this time. He knocked at it, waiting anxiously for a response. "Come in" sounded her lovely voice. HE carefully opened the door and saw her getting undressed by her ladies.

Sorry for the immense wait. I have holidays right now and want to spend as much time as possible with my family and friends. Hope to see more interaction on your part by votes and comments, but I love that so many of you read the story :)