Only For A Minute...

The anguished cries of Elisabetta De Medici crossed the palace and spread the word of the soon-to-be queen's misery. Henry, locked in his chambers, could not bear the sound and tried to ignore it the best he could. It ached him to see or hear his precious diamond in that misery. So her words and thinking were only heard by one: her beloved sister and companion Anne Boleyn. She was there, always there. Elisabetta had often requested for Henry, for her dear Henry, by her side while she was in labour, but he denied her that favour, the pain was too great for him to bear. Anne, Victoria, Johanna, and a few midwives were the only ones present.
"What is it? Where is my child?"
 Elisabetta whispered into Anne's ear as a midwife was carrying out the baby, not allowing the mother to see her child. Anne clutched Elisabetta's hand.
"The request came from high above Elisabetta. His majesty ordered that the child be brought to him directly after the birth."
Elisabetta got up from her bed, stumbling into Anne's arms.
"Fetch me my robe. Now!"
Victoria did as her mistress commanded and dressed her very carefully. Elisabetta made her way to her child. But she had to cross the halls full of people first. With all her strength Elisabetta still had from the painful delivery, and with Anne's help, she made her way down the hall.
"My lady are you well?"
A familiar voice behind her sounded. Charles Brandon laid a hand on her shoulder.
"Where are you heading?"
 He asked with a concerned look on his face.
"To get my child,"
she replied straightly.
"My lady is unwell, you should not seek a way out of the child's bed so soon."
But Elisabetta had enough of people telling her what to do.
"You do not possess the title, nor the experience to tell me what I am supposed to do or not to do. I am a mother seeking to get her child, and that's what I will do."
Elisabetta stormed into Henry's chambers and searched the room for her newborn. There she saw it, in Henry's arms sleeping safe and sound.
 "H-Henry."
Elisabetta stumbled to him. Anne wanted to leave the couple alone, so she slowly closed the door.
"You have a healthy little boy, my love."
Elisabetta did not care about his words and obtained the child into her arms.
"My boy."
She looked into the now open, deep blue eyes of the son she gave birth to. Though she was in terrible ache, one look at the newborn and all the pain was blown away. Henry smiled and closed her in his arms.
"The boy is a bastard, but I got proof that you can carry male children. I am so proud of you my love,"
he said kissing her head.  Now, only one thing had to be chosen.
"Phillip, I am going to name him Phillip."
Henry grinned.
"If that is you wish, so it shall be. I will love him, even if he is not mine."
There was it.  There was the Henry she treasured. Not the king, not her lord, her Henry. 

3 weeks later
"Here is your dress Elisabetta."
Anne handed her the snow-white dress with stitched-in pearls. Elisabetta stroked the fabric in Anne's arms. It was as soft as a cloud, or what it would feel. The inside of the gown was equipped with ermine fur. To keep warm in the cold month of November. She was supposed to wear a white and gold french hood, sporting a thin velvet to cover her hair from the sight of others, cause she belonged to her husband now no one else was supposed to see it.
"Anne?"
She needed confirmation about her doing from a person she could trust. Doubts were the only thing crossing her mind these days.
"Am I doing the right thing? Marrying Henry, renouncing my faith and stripping a country of its? After all, I think it is too rushed, he wants it, and he would have asked for it if love did not blind me."
Anne let out a sigh and took Elisabetta's hands into hers.
"And if it were not you, another would have done it. Maybe someone not as gentle-hearted as you. And next time he does something to you, do not sit there and let it happen, do something against it. You are a strong woman Elisabetta. You can try hiding that in court or from anybody else, but not from me. Sometimes I think I know you better than you."
They looked at each other intensely and wanted that moment never to end. Victoria peeked in through the door and found the two women holding their foreheads together. She interrupted the moment with a cough.
"My Lady, It is time. The King send you this. He said it belonged to his mother and wished you to possess it."
She held a rhombus-shaped gold pendant, embellished with glowing pearls and astonishing red rubies. Elisabetta smiled at the piece of jewellery and gave it to Anne. She attached it carefully to a string of pearls.
 "You look like a queen"

Everyone in the great hall had their eyes on Elisabetta. Her eyes laid on her husband, who waited at the top of the altar for her. When she reached him at the altar, he lifted her veil to admire her face. While the protestant priest spoke his prayers, Elisabetta was deep in her thoughts.

 "I want to change my mind 'cause this just does not feel right to me."
She could not speak these words out loud, but her mind was not accessible to the gossip surrounding her.
 "Elisabetta,"
Henry whispered, pulling her out of her thoughts. He handed her a pen and ink, and in front of her lay the marriage contract which waited to be signed. The ink dropped on the paper as she hesitated to sign. Elisabetta glimpsed at Anne, who gave her a reassuring nod. With a slight smile, she signed the contract:

Elizabeth the queen

Finished this one took. Just for clarification. Elisabetta anglified her name to Elizabeth, like Catherine of Aragon, from Catalina to Catherine and Anne of Cleves, From Anna to Anne. I hope to see some more comments. :)