one

IT HAD BEEN THREE MONTHS, DURING WHICH ELLE HAD SHUT OFF HER HUMANITY

IT HAD BEEN THREE MONTHS, DURING WHICH ELLE HAD SHUT OFF HER HUMANITY. The main reason she did so, was out of pure boredom. They had been hunting werewolves all summer, and she had nothing better to do. It made her feel more confident and feel no remorse for doing things — which, she loved it.

But, she also did it due to the feeding on humans. It caused her guilt, because, she turned out to be like Stefan. Every time she fed, she couldn't stop herself.

And it didn't help that neither Klaus or Stefan would step up to help her with her feeding issues. Klaus would simply watch her with a smirk, and Stefan would feed with her.

The main reason she turned it off was due to the guilt she felt every time her fangs dug into a human's neck. Every time she drank the red liquid that she craved. She felt guilty because she hated how she felt once she found out Damon fed from her as if she was a piece of nothing.

She felt like she was ruining their lives. She didn't know why she felt like that, but she did. It's not like she was removing them from their homes and kicking them to live on the street. Or firing them from a job that they've worked so hard to achieve.

She just felt as if thats what she was doing.

She felt as if there was a gaping hole in her chest without Elijah. She felt empty. She and Klaus got into an argument at least daily, due to her begging him to undagger her soulmate.

Klaus and Elle were outside of a house, in the middle of no where. Planning their attack. A girl then came out of the house, searching for her dog.

"Rudy." she called, attempting to calling for her dog once again. "Rudy! Come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

She turned around, and then Klaus and Elle were in front of her, Elle giving her a faux smile.

"I am so sorry," Klaus said in a fake American accent, causing Elle to cringe. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?" she asks, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked between Klaus and Elle.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We feel like we've been walking forever. Your's is the first house I've come by, so I was hoping I could just use your phone." he lied, smiling at the girl.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" she asks, looking between the duo.

He chuckled. "Yeah. Battery died. And this idiot lost hers a few days ago." he nodded towards Elle with pursed lips. "Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone."

"Sure."

"So..." Elle began, her eyebrows furrowing, quickly glancing at Klaus. "We can come inside?"

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." she said, beginning to turn around.

"I thought you country people were supposed to be more trustful, no?" Elle asks, folding her arms over her chest with furrowed eyebrows.