1

It's a Saturday. I am at the truck at Daytona waiting for practice to start as I wait and I  talk to my teammate and my Best friend/ mentor haverk the driver of the #4. " Is there anything I need to know about before we go out to practice and qualify?" I ask  with my nerves running and knowing my dad will be watching me and him.  He looks at me and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Just do your best  knowing it's your first race tomorrow in the cup series, don't worry if you make a mistake. I'll let you know after we get done with practice."  He squeezes my shoulder gently and then he lets go of steel looking at me. I nod "ok thanks I can always count on you."  I say as I smile he returns the same smile " you better hurry and get your fire suit on so you can be ready to go out and pircation."  I look at my selfie and grab my duffle bag and look back at him and I node.

As I ran to get lined up with my car to go out to practice I finished zipping up my red and black fire suit. As I look around I see a guy in a grey fire suit and I could feel my cheeks get red when I saw his face. I got in my car and started to step down and listen to my crew chief. As I start thinking about who that guy I was, all I hear is my crew chief getting my attention. "Jojo, you understand what I just told you." I look up  at him and  smile. Klausmeier  looks at me  with a serious look and my smile fades and I nod" yes John I understand what you told me."  " Good" he says as he walks away . I pull out behind  one of my temats to go prctiontes. 

The next thing I hear  on my radio is that John Klausmeier says to Bering it in. So I bring it down pit road and I see him and my dad talk as I get out after I turn off the car. I get a little scared but then I see one of my temats walk up to me.  "Hey" I look over at  who said it " oh hi Cole what's up." I say with just a little worried tone in my voice even then I tried to hide it. " Just wondering how my favorite teammate thinks she did  on her first cup practice."  I look at him and I point over at my crew chief and dad. " They're talking so I don't know. I think I'm doing good for it being my first time."  " That's good as long as you think you did good, I will also come over and wish you luck at qualifying." I look at him and nod " you too Cole"   I walk away and head to my crew chief and Tony Stewart are standing.

I look at them both and cleary  my throat. "How did I do?" I asked, being a little nervous about their answer.  My dad looks at me the same way John does. John speaks up first " you did better than we both thought." " See I told you I was ready so dad I mean tony." Tony looked at me and smiled " yes you did and you prove it now I want you to prove it in qualifying." I node and then I walk to my motor coach. I got  in and sat down. It didn't take long for me to hear a knock at my door. "Come in"   who do I see walking in then other than chess Elliott  a hinderick draver. I look at him with a puzzling look. "What up" I stayed trying to make  small talk with him.  " I noticed you were little neuves out there  on the track when we did practice."  I looked at him and smiled" you know how it is with the prution from your team and everything." He looks at me and our eyes meet and we stare at each other for a little. " Yes but it must be more nerve wracking driving for your further throw."  I nod" yea it is." He smiles and pats my head "you'll do  great tomorrow even throw am not on your team I just want to say good luck"  I say the same too and then he leaves.

Sunday rolls around before I know it and we are standing in our  racing order as I stand be hind the ally driver of the 48 car who I say yesterday.  As I hear him getting called my nerves hite more and then the next thing  I know. Being called on stage.  After all the ceremonies are done we get in to our cars  and wait for the frames words in motter sports.  Once I hear them and hear the engines fire up I do the same as I seat there feeling the car hearing the fans and the engines and then pulling out behind  the 48. As we get on the track I look in my mirror to see where my teammates are. As I hear my crew chief saying  for me to go I het the gase pedal done to the floor. 

Couple laps go by   near the end of stage one I fanily get to pass the 48.  I haer my Sporter telling me that one of my team mates are behind me so I look in my review mirror and I see the number 10 then I just feel a bump on my bumper in the back and I wonder what is  he thinking.

The next moment I know was that I was spinning and I het  the wall  with my back end I look over and I just see cars heading from me and I close my eyes waiting for a loud bang Wich comes and I just feel my car get lifed in the air and once it stopped rolling I get on the rideo saying am ok. Then I hear a painac voice come on the rideo " say something Jojo say something." And I try agen to talk to them over the rideo but nothing. All I see is my crew guys running towards my car. 

All I haer is the guys in the booth talking and saying the big one happened and asking  and seeing if I was alright. I see a Cramer that they head put in my car so I waved at it letting them know I was ok. Then I see them cutting me out.