Cause Of Cruelty

Drowning, especially in filthy waters, was not something pleasant

She had kept her eyes closed and felt the water pleasantly caress her open wounds, as though trying to heal them. The burning in the flesh did not lessen and in fact, spread to her air deprived lungs. Mihira's throat burnt, spreading the blaze down to her throat and her body demanded to direct her to safety, not daring to give into the currents and the wishes of Prajapati.

Refusing to bow.

She thrashed her limbs, trying to come upto the surface once more. She wanted to breathe, wanted once more to come back. She knew, she had nothing in the coming world but for some reason, her body wanted to live yet again. Her cheeks puffed and she wondered for a split second, if that was what Moh was.

Knowing how dangerous the attachment is and yet fighting once again, to be tethered to a floating paper boat. Providing childish joy, yet temporary.

Unable to contain her instinctual reaction, Mihira gasped for air only to receive blood tainted water. She coughed at the invasiveness of it in her windpipe, the water never able to quench the burn that had spread throughout her body. She coughed it back up, only to inhale once more.

Somewhere in the inky darkness of the depth of the currents, Mihira did not know when she had started breathing the water in. She thrashed once more weakly, her limbs heavier than ever.

Some pain flared at her ankle and her last thoughts read puzzlement before her heartbeats rang in her ear loudly and the fraction of light she could see behind her eyelids drowned out.

Mihira could no longer open her eyes even if she had any wish to.

____________________________________________________

"Dear Child, come. Keep your word, follow me. Come."

The command echoed softly around her, as if the whisper was a ring of rocks around herself, Saturn.

She did not expect to be still in the waters when her eyes flew open. The lack of air was immediately noticeable, her puffed cheeks still hurting and lungs screaming for some oxygen. Before she could panic, however, nimble fingers grasped her forearm.

Blindly, she twisted her wrist only to grab the lean forearm of the person rescuing her. His armband dug into her palm and as she was pulled, Mihira knew she would have the impression of the details on her palms for a long time.

She gasped almost dramatically as she surfaced, her hair sticking down to her back and her forehead. Blinking the water out of her eyes, Mihira struggled to keep herself afloat while also coughing out the water that had went up in places that it certainly wasn't meant to be in.

Looking up, she could make out a figure of a man until she blinked once more and the vision cleared.

Holding her hand and saving her from drowing was Prabhu, in his Krishna Avtar.