•1•

Zahara

Zahara

"Come downstairs to eat Z!" My younger brother yelled from the other side of my locked door.

"Mhm" I groaned before stretching and sitting up.

Scratching my head, I hop up off the bed walking towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a hot shower.

After finishing my morning routine, I walk out the bathroom in only a white towel and some slippers going over to my dresser to pull out a bra and underwear laying them on the bed and turning to my closet grabbing my brown sundress.

"Awl shit" I curse realizing today is Monday the first damn day of school and my senior year.

Walking back towards my bed with the dress still in my hand I grab my phone off the charger to see two missed calls from Ada.

Clicking on the caller app I click her name putting the phone on the bed to get dressed.

"Damn, finally I called yo ass at 6 Am! It's 7:40 Z" she complained.

"My phone was on silent, and I forgot today was the first day back girl" I say while pulling on my dress and walking towards my vanity to grab my lotion.

"Bi- How Z? Me you and Havana was just talking about it yesterday"

"Man, I don't know but I'll be by there to pick you up in a lil"

"Alright boo, lemme go call Havana to make sure she up" she chuckles rolling her eyes playfully.

"Okayyy" I drag out, hearing the call end i sigh as I finally finish up with the lotion and slid my sandals on.

"MAMA!" I shout coming up to my door to open it.

"Yes girl" she says after finally reaching my door.

"You got my lil bookbag I got yesterday?"

"I think I put it up on top of yo' closet, cause yo' brothers was all up in here last night"

"Okay, thank you prettyyy" I smile looking on top of my closet to grab the small bag.

"Mhmm, and who you Tryna look cute fa' with this dress girl" she jokes pulling at the side of my dress causing it to snap back towards me.

"Nobody mama, you know I ain't focusing on no men right now" I chuckle.

"Mhmm, well baby just make sure you don't over work yourself; this is your senior year after all have some fun" she smiles looking at me through the mirror as I applied my brown lip liner on the edge of my lips.

"Awll my baby growing up so fast" she sniffles while I was putting on my clear lip stick.

"Mommy, don't start" I say sighing as she continued to sniffle.

Pulling her into a hug after a few minutes she finally clams down chuckling.

"I'm sorry, you know how I get now hurry up cause it's already 7:56"