17 ☁︎

Valentina
I lean back in my seat, spinning the pen between my forefinger and thumb. He has two minutes to get his lazy ass into our lesson before the bell goes. Mason continues flirting with the blonde next to him, smirking as he twirls a strand of her frosty blonde hair in his hand. The look on his face is pure mischief. Poor girl, doesn't know what she's in for.

I sigh, opening my book on the next page as I rummage around for my missing pen. I had it in my hand five seconds ago? What the fuck. Turning to Mason, I'm about to ask him for one when I notice I might be interrupting his intense flirting session, something mildly inappropriate for a classroom, so I just make a face and turn back in my seat. I don't fail to notice the way his blonde friend has edged her seat closer and closer to his until they're nearly sitting on each other.

Gross. Get a room, hormonal fucks. As usual, the bell rings it's obnoxiously loud screech and, as usual, Evans skids to a halt by the entrance of our class. "Just in time." He beams, grinning like an idiot to the class as he sends them crackling into laughter. The white haired geography teacher stands unamused, tutting his head in disappointment as he holds his hand up to stop Jordan in his tracks.

"My class begins once the bell rings, Mr Evans. I'd appreciate you show up when asked next time. I don't think you need me to elaborate on the consequences." He looks down at his shoes, barely managing to keep his voice steady at his poor attempt to discipline Jordan. Jordan, however, seems calmly unfazed by his words, a lazy smile hanging on his face.

"Oh, but I'm in your class, Mr Arnold, and the bell hasn't finished ringing. I don't think you can tick me off as late just yet." He smiles mockingly, and a few 'ooh's' and 'oh's' go off around the classroom. Mr Arnold gives him a resigned look and waves Jordan off to his seat, who grins in victory. As our teacher attempts to get everyone to quiet down, and fails miserably, Jordan walks away.

Evans strolls past the aisle, his long legs striding past every desk until they stop by mine. My head rests in my hands, both knuckles pressed against my cheeks as I look up at his looming figure. A slow grin spreads across the side of his face, his ashen eyes burning into mine. His hand comes up to my face and the pad of his thumb brushes a stray hair from my face, his dimple smile broad on his face.

"Fuck caffeine, I'm addicted to that smile." He mutters, shaking his head and only then do I realise I'm actually smiling at the soft action. I clear my throat and wipe the smile off my face, scratching my nose uncomfortably. He disappears behind my chair for a second, then reappears on the other side, pulling the chair out from beside me.

"You don't sit here." I narrow my eyes at him, shoving my books on the other side to take up all the space. He pulls the chair out anyways, spinning it in his hand as he straddles it backwards and leans his elbows on the back of the chair.

"Well, my seat is currently... preoccupied." He darts his eyes to the blonde flirting back with Mason, and I roll my eyes at the boys overworked hormones. Does he never give his body a rest? I turn back to face Jordan, whose gaze is already on me, his hands resting his head between them, eyes studying mine.

"Okay then.. Just for today." I sigh, tidying my books into one pile on my side. He grins successfully and spreads his legs, rolling his sleeves up against his forearms. His toned veiny arms come into view, and I silently gulp, intimidated but attracted to the sheer size of his muscle.

"It's not a pottery class, you don't need to roll your sleeves up." I deadpan, staring at him with a blank expression. His lip curls into a calculated smirk, his eyes gleaming their usual spark before one of his inordinate comments.

"You're not getting hot and bothered by my arms, are you?" He arches a brow, and I gulp again, a slow blush creeping up my skin. "Who'd have thought, good girl Valentina, turned on by the sight of my arms." His deep voice teases and I shift slightly, my cheeks most likely turning a rosy shade of red.