Chapter 6

*Devil*

For the next few days, King went through intense facial surgeries. Thankfully, they had found all the pieces of King's porcelain face and made sure things were placed perfectly. He was on a liquid diet and all he did was sleep. King's entire face was bandaged so he couldn't see anything. He needed consistent help everywhere, but besides that, he was very responsive. I was the person who mainly assisted with anything he needed.

King was resting in bed, and his brothers came to visit. The red one came in with Ms.Tea, who held Mugman in her arms. Cuphead himself sat in another chair. "How is he?..." He wouldn't look at me and kept his eyes on his brother in the hospital bed.

"King is doing fine. The doctors found all the pieces necessary to fix him. They said if it heals correctly there won't be any scarring." I smiled down at King.

"So he'll be able to care for us after this?" Cuphead smiled at the thought. I'd hate to disappoint the kid, but King was in no mental state to care for a child. 

"Sadly, no... King- is in no position to care for anyone right now." I sighed as the kid looked at me with a glare.

"Who are you to decide that?!" He got up to try stepping up to me. However, Ms.Tea stopped the boy.

"I didn't decide anything. King did." I looked back at the resting angel in bed. "He's in no position mentally to be a caretaker any longer. Wheezy is looking into any living relatives you may have, so there shouldn't be a problem." I glared down at the boy. Cuphead stepped back. The boys eventually said their goodbyes as I left for a bit to attend to some duties at the Casino.

*King Dice*

Most of my day was spent in this eternal abyss. I couldn't communicate my needs well due to all the intricate facial surgeries I have undergone. I was laying in bed and a nurse helped me get comfortable. She was sweet to put on my favorite radio station. While my face was on fire from the pain I was in, it was nice to enjoy the blissfulness for a few hours.

No brothers to bother me.

No chores around the house.

No pastries to bake. 

As I relaxed to the jazz music, I heard the clicking of some heels entering my room. I sat up a bit, alarmed by the murmuring and talking. I heard someone talking outside my door quietly.

Apparently, Mr. Harper was found headless in the old woods...

Oh my... who do you think did it?

Some believe Mr.Dice lied about the catcalling, then he had Harper killed by the Devil. The accident was staged to blind people to the truth!

I listened to their cruel words and lay in bed trying to remain calm; as to not cause any tears to slip. If I started crying I'd have to be back in surgery again.

Did you hear he is looking to send his brothers out for adoption? Just get rid of them?

Right? He is so selfish to pin this on them. To put all the pain on those boys.

I painfully sat up in my bed. Through all the anesthesia and narcotics, I can still tell these ladies were terrible. I moved my bandages, trying to get my green eye out of the cottony prison. Eventually, I could see, and got to writing a note for Dev, so that when he got back, they'd be removed. I had no patience for any of this. I didn't need the stress of others questioning my decisions. I just wish he were here at least.  Luci had been assisting me with basic tasks. Eating, washing, everything he provided me with no matter how late in the day it was.

Making the Devil do his dirty work? What a bitch.

Right? He thinks he is all that just because he is the Devil's slut? What a fucking whore.

I heard their laughter... and I don't know what made me snap- but I had grabbed the closest thing to me and throw it at the door, startling the nurses. I couldn't speak, I couldn't see,  and I just became angry that the world was painting me out to be the bad guy. Harper did this to me. This wasn't my fault.

The anger, the frustration... I just kept tearing the room apart, throwing things. The medical staff tried talking to me, but I got so mad and frustrated I just kept throwing things and thrashing. Eventually I found myself felling a pinch in my neck and things went quiet.

*Devil*

I came back from disposing of Mr.Harper. The nurses were kind to escort me back to King.  I had brought him his favorite tea from Ms.Tea and Joe's shop. As I walked in however- I saw nurses cleaning up broken glass and materials, and King handcuffed to his bed with zipties. He was clearly asleep.

"What is going on?" My voice conveyed a level of frustration, making the nurses jump.

"Mr. Devil... um... Mr. Dice had a but of... an episode so we restrained him..." I looked between the two of them and back at King.

"King is a very kind and calm person, he wouldn't attack anyone without reason." The two looked between one another anxiously. "Spit it out, what happened to King!" I got angrier by the second. My rage caused them to flinch.

"OK! OK! The two nurses looking over Mr. Dice were . . .talking about the rumors around town. They must have not known Mr. King was awake and upset him with their words." The two looked up at me and I stared back down at them. There was silence when King began shifting in his sleep. However, when he went to move his hand he realized he was stuck and began pulling and tugging.

"King! King! Relax!" I went to him and held his hand, causing him to relax a bit, still breathing heavily. "Just relax..." I glared at the nurses who hurriedly took the restraints off King. Once they were gone, I discharged King.

The medics at the casino would care for him better than this.