Chapter 49 - You

"Has anyone seen Fall?!" Loki yelled, dodging a too-close-for-comfort punch by some ass that had come to aid Dev. A quick slash with Loki's new- but a whole lot weaker- staff sent the man flying. He didn't know of his angel laying in the book store right down the street, as she gasped for air and her temperature changed, pain going through every centimeter of her body.

In normal circumstances, angels are all-powerful and can heal themselves. This wasn't normal. Whatever the device was, it wasn't letting Fall change, she was fluctuating between being visible to invisible as she subconsciously fought for visibility, and it felt like buckets of burning water and freezing water were being dumped in her veins starting from the device, leaving an odd feeling of numbness in her hands and feet first that slowly started spreading. Black spots invaded her vision and Fall forced herself to move, the heavy metal object in her chest uncomfortably shifting in her skin, yet she could not let herself become numb. She knew she couldn't let herself sit idly until the battle was over.

Fall had done enough sitting and hiding. She was done with it.

Speed tried to keep her sitting, but Fall pushed her away, getting to her feet, keeping her eyes open besides the spots and using the bookshelf to help her up. "Where's Loki?" She asked Speed, her words stronger than she felt as she stood up straight, letting out a ragged breath.

"He's fighting outside. I'm sure he'll be fine, you need to sit-" Speed started.

"No. No. No way to hell am I sitting out another fight. I have to go in and straighten out the.... Fucking politics!" Fall almost growled out, her words breathy and strained.

"Fall, you're in no-"

"Shut up and help me to the clouds would you!?" Fall stopped her, moving towards the door, one hand on the device and another on a shelf. "I should have done this a long time ago! And now I've messed up and let it sit too long, and went off and saved my own butt. I have to go up there and fix things now. Right now."

Speed looked at her, dumbfounded. Speed was used to picking on the angel, this angel, Fall the fucking star-holding Creation Angel. But now Fall was standing in the doorway with a bloody face and crazy painful device, and demanding to be let back out and fix this. Speed broke her surprised look and nodded curtly. "Very well. It'll take two angles to get you to the clouds though...." Speed glanced at the guy angel flipping through the bible, who paused at her glance. "Will you help us save everyone from fricken dying?!" She asked sarcastically enthusiastically.

"I'll do all I can." The angel said with a nod, slipping the bible into a pocket and put his arm across his chest. "I will follow the Creation."

Fall smiled and laughed. "Then let's fix this." She said, her face fixing into a war face with a relaxed smile. "It's about time I showed everyone what I can do."