The Child Pillar «Muichirou + Hashira/Obanai»

The Hashira have a meeting at the Flower Estate. After an unfortunate event, they're made aware of the Mist Pillar's real age. Conflicted, they hold a meeting on what to do with the child.

Notes:

REQUESTED
13/10 11:29 - started in class instead of listening to my teacher. im such a good student
12:06 - the guys are talking about cage wrestling on the pitch at lunch. i hope someone breaks their arm cuz its rlly annoying
14/10 23:54 - I should be sleeping but who cares lmfao
15/10 01:11 - Spent about 10 minutes tryna figure out how to type 'ō' I just copy and pasted it ;-;
17/10 09:15 - Spent the first five minutes of class listening to 6th yrs bitch about this school. Now I'm (once again) not listening to my teacher explain my project :)
09:44 - Hate school computers and have no idea what I'm doing for this brief. S.O.S
18/10 10:22 - I await the day my teacher discovers my open AO3 tab. Someone tell him to stop walking up and down the aisle tho, I wanna write this >:(
23/10 11:45 - Listening to Xmas songs and eating raw pain au chocolats again
12:15 - LEGIT FORGOT GIYUU EXISTED UNTIL THIS POINT LMFAO
21:41 - went on a spree changing all my socials to pics of Obanai while listening to Woo
24/10 12:07 - ditching science in the bathrooms. Slay ig?
25/10 09:22 - Forgot I had school and came in late. I'm ditching class again 😍
09:26 - A girl in my class is sad. She used to half bully me but now I kinda feel bad
10:28 - In computer room AGAIN lmfao
10:44 - FINALLY DONE WITH 4349 WORDS

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The Hashira were the highest ranking demon slayers in the Demon Slayer Corps. They were strong, clever, fast and were respected by everyone. The eight Hashira were Himejima Gyomei (The Stone Pillar), Uzui Tengen (The Sound Pillar), Iguro Obanai (The Serpent Pillar), Shinazugawa Sanemi (The Wind Pillar), Tomioka Giyuu (The Water Pillar), Koucho Kanae (The Flower Pillar), Rengoku Kyoujuro (The Flame Pillar) and Tokitou Muichirou (The Mist Pillar). The Demon Slayer Corps was run by Ubuyashiki Kagaya, and he was held in high regard by everyone, especially the Hashira. They held him in such high regard, they held their own personal meetings weekly to discuss any minor or moderate issues within the Corps that didn't need to be alerted to the master and damage his health further. They usually met up at Kanae's Flower Estate, as it was roomy and pleasant to look at, as well as having plenty of space for some training. The newest Hashira, The Mist Pillar, had been to about four of them, having being dragged to all of them by Sanemi after forgetting what was happening and where he needed to go. Despite having a quiet and closed off personality, similar to Giyuu, Obanai and Sanemi had their preferences in who they wanted to bully and decided to cut some slack for Tokitou (for now). They were all gathered in a circle in a spacious room in The Flower Estate, Obanai and Sanemi poking fun at Giyuu silently, Rengoku and Uzui having a nice chat about what they had been up to recently, Gyomei was patting Giyuu's head comfortingly (having giving up on scolding Obanai and Sanemi long ago) while Muichirou sat by himself with his chin resting on his knees and his small arms wrapped around his thin legs. Kanae was out making some tea and getting some snacks. She walked back in to the room, a large tray in hand. She closed the shoji behind her, tray still in hand and placed it in the middle of the circle before sitting down next to Sanemi (who was now a little pink in the face and smiling stupidly, while Obanai - very badly - held in his laughter next to him). It was silent as Kanae positioned herself comfortably, before she clapped her hands. The meeting had started.

"I'm glad to see all of us has turned up in good condition. Now, let us discuss. Has anyone heard anything that could possibly need an investigation?" Kanae inquired. "There's been a few complaints in a small town in Aomori. It couldn't be anything more than a low ranking demon. I'm sure a Kinoto ranking slayer could kill it easily, as there only seems to be enough destruction caused by one demon." Sanemi informed. "I heard a few more demon slayers came out of Final Selection than usual. I think that all of the more difficult demons have been destroyed and we might need to bring some stronger ones in." Obanai butted in. A few others agreed. "There's been a lot of trouble in Yamanashi. If my predictions are correct, it is either a high ranking Kizuki, or multiple lower ranking Kizuki's grouping together. My prayers go to the poor souls who have lost family over there." Gyomei stated, his hands clasped together with tears streaming down his face. "Then that's something that needs to be dealt with A.S.A.P. Anyone else have anything to say?" Kanae said. No-one said anything, seemingly having covered everything. "What about you, Tokitou-kun? You never seem to say anything, but surely everything can't be dandy all the time around where you reside?" Rengoku piped up. All attention was on the young pillar now. He never seemed to speak, only talking to the Master but it was always too quiet to hear and he stopped talking if someone else found themselves in the same room as him. He shook his head silently. He had been in charge of looking after Chūgoku, he was positive he was able to handle everything himself without help. Some of the other Hashira looked doubtful at his response, but they didn't push further.