Haircut! «Muichirou + Sanemi»

Muichirou needs a haircut. Sanemi gives him a hand. (Slight Sanemi x Kanae mentioned, but it's very minor)

Notes:

02/11 22:27 - I WILL WORK ON REQUESTS I SWEAR I JUST NEED TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER CUZ I LOOK LIKE A MIX OF VECTOR FROM DESPICABLE ME AND OLIVER TREE RN :SOB:
03/11 00:23 - Finished with 2199 words! <3

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Out of all the Hashira, Muichirou had the longest hair, with it reaching to his knees now. However, this was only because he never, ever, ever cut it. No-one knew why. Maybe he just didn't know how, maybe he wasn't bothered. But it certainly bothered some people. Sanemi hated Muichirou's long hair. Something about it just angered him beyond words, to the point where the only thing he could do was growl every time he saw the poor boy. However, everyone could see just how much Mitsuri loved Muichirou's long hair, and as a result, kept them as far apart as physically possible for the Mist Pillar's sake, which they should start doing with him and Shinazugawa before a fight breaks out. However, one fateful night (or early morning), it just couldn't be helped.

Sanemi was on his way back from a mission. He wasn't wounded in any way, he was the Wind Pillar, but he was exhausted. He was forced to deal with a horde of demons trapped on a mountain. There were over a hundred of them, and they were all fighting with each other, trying to kill each other, but it certainly wasn't nice that they were scaring the villagers at the bottom of the mountain. So, Sanemi went out to destroy them. They were all incredibly weak compared to him, but with their mass amount, it did wear him out a little bit. He was making his way back to his own estate, happily thinking of climbing into his warm futon and drifting off to sleep (maybe he'd even say a little 'good night' to Genya if he was still in a good mood) when it became cold and misty. Mist usually wasn't present until the sun came up, so this was a strange enough occurrence to make Shinazugawa draw his sword and stop walking. He heard nothing in the distance, nor see anything, so why was there mist? Sanemi remained in a fight stance until he made out a large shadow in the distance. It seemed to be the shadow of a house, or a mansion of sort. Suddenly, Sanemi remembered where he was. He was passing the Mist Estate, which was why the mist was blanketing the ground at this time of night. Placing his sword back in his scabbard, he let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. Maybe he was a bit more tired than he thought. After a few moments contemplation and hesitation, he walked up to the shadow of the house. While walking up the path, he took notice of the pretty wild flowers that grew on the front garden, which even at this hour, had beautiful butterflies fluttering around them. He figured the little creatures followed the boy home while he was at the Butterfly Estate one day, and that the kid never noticed. A few wild animals scampered away, a few birds chirping and flying away from nearby trees at the disturbance. He reached the steps to the door of the large mansion, and took another moment of hesitation before knocking on the wooden doors. The door opened rather quickly despite it being so late, but it didn't faze Shinazugawa at all. It was quite regular for Pillars to stay up late, even if they didn't have missions. The shorter Pillar stared up wordlessly at the other, before stepping inside and welcoming him in.

It was quite regular for Pillars to stay at each others houses if it was late out and they were tired, which was why Muichirou didn't argue nor care that Sanemi just appeared from the mist at his front door. The first thing that came into sight for Sanemi was paper. Lots and lots of paper on the floor. Well, paper was a cruel word. Origami. Muichirou was making origami, and very beautiful and well-crafted origami at that. There were swans, flowers, insects, trees and other beautiful things. In the corner of the room was a bunch of crumpled up paper, obviously that failed pieces. Sanemi never realised that Muichirou liked origami, but then again, no-one else probably knew either. The child was very closed off, most often seen talking to Shinobu or the Master and Amane, and sometimes if you were lucky, you'd catch him having a strange interaction with either Iguro or Rengoku, which always resulted in a small head pat from both men to the boy. Muichirou closed the door behind him, and stepped over the paper folds to a small cabinet, before pulling a spare futon from it. He handed the futon over to Sanemi wordlessly, who nodded his head in a wordless thanks. Taking himself to a different room as the child returned back to his paper folding, Shinazugawa rolled the futon onto the floor. He removed his scabbard and belt, as well as his zori and haori before basically falling into the futon. Despite thinking he'd immediately fall asleep, Sanemi was annoyed to find that he couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning, he thought about what could possibly keep him awake. The child was as peaceful as could be, and the futon was incredibly warm and cozy. Finally, Sanemi came to the realisation of why he couldn't sleep.