Chapter 23

"Minmin," Miyeon called Minnie while fidgeting her fingers. Minnie turned around while smiling.

The family lunch just finished and Miyeon's family offered Minnie to stay longer but Minnie had to decline since she needs to do something.

Miyeon is now walking Minnie out.

"I'm sorry for my naughty family. They seemed to like you very much." Miyeon said, tint of pink is spreading in her cheeks.

"You don't have to be sorry about it, they're cute. And I'm growing comfortable with them." Minnie said as she smiles wider.

She only smile with Miyeon and Miyeon's family. She only trust Miyeon and her family. Not saying that she doesn't trust Yuqi and Shuhua. It just feels different.

Minnie's smile can make Miyeon smile. Miyeon really find her smile cute.

"You know what?" Miyeon asked and Minnie muttered a "what?"

"Happiness looks good on you."

Minnie once again melted. Miyeon is definitely something. How Miyeon can take her breath away. How Miyeon can make her heart beats fast like she ran for miles. How Miyeon can effortlessly make her smile. How Miyeon make her speechless. Miyeon is just different.

Smiling shyly, Miyeon pulled Minnie for a hug which Minnie gladly reciprocated.

"Just like what Dad said, you're always welcome here, Minmin."

Miyeon and her family make her feel that she's always welcome in their home. They even told Minnie that she's already a part of their family. Minnie feels something euphoric. It's been a long time since she felt that way and she's more than thankful to Miyeon and her family for making her experience that again.

"Thank you, Mi." Minnie said sincerely.

They stay silent. Enjoying each other warmth with the comfortable silence.

After time has passed, Miyeon parts away.

"See you tomorrow?" She leaned closer. "Secret garden." She said in hushed tone that made Minnie chuckle.

Minnie nodded. "We'll see each other earlier, I'm going to pick you up, right?"

"Oh, right! See you tomorrow early morning?"

"See you." Minnie said and tapped Miyeon's dimple before running towards her car. Miyeon shakes her head at her silliness.

Minnie waves her hand.

"Tmwygh!" Miyeon shouted and Minnie raised her thumbs up and went inside her car.

Miyeon watched her drive away with a smile on her face.

"Hey, you look like a fool." Someone suddenly said behind her and Miyeon don't have to turn around to know who is it.

"Dumpling unnie!" She shouted and ran after her older sister who was just laughing.

Garden

"You prepared something!" Miyeon exclaimed as soon as she entered the garden.

There's a mat laying at the grass and foods above it with the basket at the side.

Miyeon excitedly ran towards it with a wide smile on her face. "Picnic!" She said excitedly.

Minnie smiled shyly while walking after her.

Miyeon turned around to face Minnie. Seeing Miyeon's face, Minnie's world went on slow motion. Miyeon's smile is brighter like the sun but her smile is not painful in the eyes. In fact, it's a great sight to see. Looking at Miyeon's smile, it makes you want to do anything to see her smile again. And Minnie is more than willing to do anything to see Miyeon's smile all over again.

"Minmin, this is so cute!"

Miyeon rushed towards her and held her hand. Miyeon started to drag her towards the picnic set up.

"Min, this is really cute." Miyeon said as she sat down on the mat while Minnie followed.

"Do you like it?" Minnie asked shyly.

She's not used on doing things like these. She never even imagine doing things like these but here she is. She just prepared a cringe picnic date.

"I love it!" Miyeon said while smiling so wide.

She threw herself in Minnie's arms and Minnie lost her balance that made her lay down on the mat with Miyeon on top of her. Minnie let out a chuckle and wrapped her arms around Miyeon's waist. Miyeon rest her head on Minnie's shoulder.

"Thank you." Miyeon muttered.

Miyeon knows that Minnie did that because she once mentioned that she wants to experience having a surprise picnic date with the sun rising. She didn't know that Minnie is listening attentively to her.

"That's why you told me to get ready before 5!" Miyeon said while lifting her head up. She faced Minnie and held her cheeks.

"You said you wanted to have a picnic with the sun rising." Minnie said, muffled because Miyeon was squeezing her cheeks.

"I didn't know that you were taking notes, Ms. Kim." Miyeon said, teasingly with a smirk.

Minnie's cheeks started to heat up but didn't avert her eyes and just kept staring at Miyeon's eyes."I just wanna treat you like how you deserve to be treated." Minnie spoke lowly. She's getting shy.

Miyeon's smile wider, it could almost rip her lips. "You're sweet."

Minnie smiled. Miyeon really love her smile. Her nose is slightly scrunching and her eyes are turning into two crescent moons. Her bunny teeth are showing. Miyeon realized that she's so lucky. She's the only one Minnie trusts with her smile. Now Miyeon knows why Minnie gate keeps her smile. Minnie's smile is worth more than gold.

While staring at Minnie's face, Miyeon unknowingly move her face closer to Minnie's face. Her nose touches Minnie's. And because of the skin contact, Miyeon came back to her senses. Her eyes widened when she realized how close their faces are. She can feel Minnie's breath hitched against her mouth. Instead of moving closer, Miyeon brought her face away. With so much gentleness, she pressed her lips against Minnie's forehead. After a few seconds, she moved away. She lifted herself up and sat on the mat.

"Let's eat." She said while extending her hand for Minnie. Minnie gladly grabbed it.

Thoughts about this chapter?