Nineteen

"You should flip it up." Dean explained, stepping a few feet ahead of her and showered her how to raise the collar.

She gulped whilst watching him toy with the collar on his own jean vest. "I dress modestly."

He cackled loudly. "I can see half your stomach right now." He points.

Evangeline ignored her cropped tee as she walked beside him and decided to push him away from her for the sake of him being mean and laughing at her. She knew he was just joking around and lightening the mood between them, but she knew he liked shoving her around so she would return the favor. 

"This doesn't count."

"All right, tell that to the skirts you wear."

"Those are modest!" She shouted a little loudly, breaking into a giggle as she covered her mouth. "Oops." 

He admired her in the black pleat jeans she wore with a belt, the design a little different but sported by almost all the females. Her cropped tee was red with a black long sleeve below, having decided to layer it and pulled it together with a jean jacket and an older pair of simple black and white low cut Vans.

She walked closer to him when an odd man passed by them and made her grimace, unsure if she trusted weird people on the street. Her hand brushed against his as she leaned into his side a little too closely without realizing. Dean became wary upon feeling her cold hand near his own, noticing the way she looked back down the street.

She observed the man who got further and further away from them, his face wrinkled as he was missing a front tooth and a dirty old bandage covered his wrist. His feet dragging made her skittish as the thought he could turn and jump at the two of them.

Seeing a fun looking place ahead, Dean's attention had been derived as he skipped ahead, causing Evangeline to turn away from the creepy old guy. "Yo, check this place out." He pointed, seeing the neon sign flash in the window that caught his attention.

She grimaced. 

"Yeah." He nods to himself, sure he wanted to check out that place. 

"Dean, I don't-"

"Come on, Sully." He grabbed her hand and pulled her inside, pushing the door open as she followed unwillingly. 

She groaned the entire way inside as the sunny outside became dark quickly as the restaurant was lit by cream colored lights. Her hand snug in his, she hadn't minded the way he squeezed her hand a little too tightly due to his excitement. 

A few people were seated at small circle tables that could seat up to four. Smaller lamps were lit in the centers and the higher up tables made her wonder what kind of place he brought her into. Nothing about it seemed sketchy nor scary, it was just odd, as she looked around. Eyes could not settle as she felt like she spun around the room with the way her eyes observed everything. 

The inside walls weren't covered in the typical drywall or ugly wallpaper, leaving it to the original infrastructure of red chipped brick. She liked the brick if she were honest, her eyes almost unable to peel away from them as a middle aged couple looked at the two teenagers. Tables had dark colored table clothes and leather stools without backing, all neatly pushed in as they faced a small stage.

"Take a seat anywhere you'd like." The man behind the counter said from the back of the joint.

"Thanks." Dean called back, tugging her through the restaurant to find an area near the brick wall. A four person table fitted well for the two of them and she stumbled into his back without realizing he'd stopped. Dean took a second to look around. "This is gonna be fun."