Part 7

Part 6: Relaxation

Astrid grimaced as she came down the stairs and padded toward the kitchen in the early morning. Soft sunlight streamed through the large windows as she sat about taking out a few cooking utensils and a waffle iron. Astrid was still in her pajamas, the penguin-themed ones, and her hair was a mess, sticking up at odd angles. She didn't particularly want to do the whole beauty routine right now because she'd have to remove and rebandage part of her face, which in all honesty she didn't like. Before she started making breakfast she took two tablets of painkillers her doctor prescribed.

She was in her own little world, making a very high stack of waffles for Hiccup and herself. He had been so helpful that she just wanted to repay him. She figured she may as well cook breakfast and dinner as he did say her cooking reminded him of his mother. While Astrid was blushing at the comment she hadn't heard the front door open, nor had she heard the footsteps as they came to a stop near her.

"Well hello, babe. I think you're waffley-cute!" The voice said which caused Astrid to startle. Within a flash, she had picked up one of the waffles from the stack and backhanded, or rather waffle-smacked, the intruder.

"AAAH FREYAS GHOST! What the hell are those made out of?! Cast iron?!" The shorter man uttered loudly as he clutched his reddening waffle-patterned cheek.

"Who are you?!" Astrid growled out as she held a spatula threateningly against the intruder's nose.

"Snotlout... I'M SNOTLOUT... Hiccup's cousin!" The other quickly uttered as the spatula was too close for comfort. If this woman could do damage with a waffle who knows what else she could use.

Astrid frowned or tried to with half of her face still stiff and healing. "You're Hiccup's cousin?" She questioned. "You look nothing alike,"

"Did you notice my manliness?" Snotlout boasted as he flexed his muscles once the immediate danger, a.k.a. The spatula, had been placed on the counter.

"I just thought you'd be taller," she deadpanned.

"What the hell was that noise?" Hiccup asked, coming down the stairs clad in only black silk pajama pants. Snotlout definitely noticed the woman 'discreetly' looking Hiccup's way before quickly turning back to the waffle iron.

"Yo cuz! You should have told me that you had company over," Snotlout uttered, winking at Hiccup, as he went to greet him.

"She's my new roommate Snot," Hiccup told Snotlout with exasperation which caused the man to stop, stare at his cousin, back at Astrid, and then back at Hiccup once more. "Damnnnnn, I need to get myself a roommate," Snotlout muttered which earned him an elbow to his side from Hiccup.

"Hiccup, breakfast is ready," Astrid jovially announced. "I made too much I think. There's even some for your cousin if he wants to eat with us,"

"You know what...," Snotlout said as he eyed the waffles "I think I should go. Got a shop to open and all. I just came to tell you aunt Valka is hosting another Charity ball this Saturday. She expects you there this time,"

"What about breakfast?" Astrid asked while Hiccup nodded that the message was received.

"I already ate!" Snotlout called out while Hiccup picked up a fork to spear his waffle. Only the fork speared nothing; the waffle was rock solid. Looking at the retreating figure of his cousin Hiccup wondered if Snotlout knew what he'd just avoided. He picked up the syrup hoping that some liquid might soften the waffle up.

"So I was wondering," Hiccup mumbled as his fork now somehow got stuck in the waffle. "Would you like me to pick up some takeout today for lunch? I'll only be in the office for half a day."