ONE

ONE

Alice Kim was incredibly clumsy.

Considering the fact that she had just woken up from her slumber approximately ten minutes ago, she should not have fallen over as many times as she had.

She discovered the hard way that her legs had become tangled with the white sheets on her bed, causing her to fall out of her bed and hit the wooden floor beneath her like a stone.

"Ow."

Alice released a small groan of pain as she pushed herself up from having her face squished in to the wooden floor, and slowly began to untangle her legs from her bed sheets.

She brought one of her hands up to her face to push her messy hair out of her face since it had sprawled everywhere and in to her eyes.

Her house was quiet, since the girl was often left alone whilst her parents were always away on business in different countries, so she knew that she would have the whole place to herself to chill as she always did.

Her feet stepped on to the cold tiles of the hallway, surprising her by their cool temperature, making her quickly run back to her bedroom to grab herself a pair of slippers so that her feet didn't freeze and become blocks of ice.

As she entered the kitchen of the house, she forgot about the slight step down from the hallway, sending her stumbling until her hands grabbed a hold of the kitchen island, allowing her to stop herself from hitting her face.

Her brown eyes scoured the contents of the fridge to see what it was that she wanted to eat, before she reached in to grab a box of eggs to make scrambled eggs for her breakfast.

She used her mobile phone to play some music whilst she cooked, and soon found herself singing and dancing in her slippers and pyjamas to the music of Niall Horan.

As she cooked herself some scrambled eggs, she noticed how she had recieved a text message from her father, who was away working in New Zealand, and smiled as she noticed what it was that he had sent her.

Absent Father: I bought those tickets that you wanted, so you can go to that race. Enjoy, I'll speak to you soon :)

Alice couldn't hide the grin that coated her features at the realisation that her father had bought her the tickets that she had wanted, which was to see a race in Formula Four and to be able to walk through the paddock.

Her phone sounded another two times as she recieved texts from both her mother, who was also away on business but in Talinn in Estonia, and a friend that she had made in Formula Two.

Mother dearest: Your friend has told me that he's booked your flight for the race that your father paid for your tickets. Get packing. Love you :)

Favorite man child: Mate, get packing because I've booked and paid for your flights. I'll be coming to pick you up in an hour.

Alice always did love the fact that she made friends easily with drivers in Formula One, Formula Two and Formula Three, since they often treated her as if she was their sister or sometimes, daughter.

She remembered when she had first made friends with a French man in Formula One, since the man had assumed that the girl was an apprentice, and upon realising his mistake, had helped her getting a pass so that she could spend an entire race week at one of his races.

He would occasionally message her before races and see if she was a guest or coming to his races, in case that he needed to get her paddock passes, since he liked having the company of the young Kim girl.

It was very similar with her other friends who were drivers too, from Formula Two and Formula Three.

Since she attended multiple races, she would end up meeting some drivers and becoming friends with them to the point that if they were in the same city as her, that they would meet up with her and spend time with her and acting as if they were her brothers.

Some of them would treat her as if they were her family and look after her since her parents didn't.

Her ears were able to hear the sound of somebody knocking on the front door as she was just finishing up with packing her suitcase, and rushed over towards the door to open.

The person on the other side of the door laughed loudly as they heard her body collide with the door as she failed to stop herself from hitting hit since she found that her slippers skidded along the tiled floor.

"Shit."

Alice cursed in pain as she pulled the door open, with one of her hands clutching her shoulder since that was the part of her body that had collided with the door.

"Hello to you too." A brown haired man smirked at the girl as he walked in to her house, lifting one of his hands to ruffle her hair.

"You literally have your own house key, why did you have to knock?" Alice whined at her friend, since he was one of the people that she trusted the most with a key to her family home.

"You always fall asleep, so I wanted to see if you would answer the door if I knocked." Clément Novalak laughed at the girl as he wrapped his hands around the handle of her suitcase.

"You are quickly losing your place as my favorite French Formula Two driver." Alice stuck her tongue out at the boy, seeing him roll his eyes at her in response.

"Theo could never beat me and you know it." Clément laughed as he started to carry the suitcase out of the house and towards his car.

"I disagree. Theo runs to hug me when I see him at races whereas you run away." Alice quickly changed in to her sneakers after removing her slippers from her feet before she grabbed her phone and her house keys.

"Maybe I just don't see you." Clément teased the girl with a smirk, since he knew very well that he deliberately ran away from her.

The girl was like his little sister, and his best friend at the same time so he knew that she knew that he was joking and just messing with her.

As he placed her suitcase in to the back of his car, his eyes fell upon the girl struggling to lock the front door of her house since she seemed to fumble with her keys and shook his head from side to side.

Alice raised her eyebrows in surprise as the Novalak boy walked up to her front door to close it and lock it himself with his own keys, before he turned to face her and gave her a little bow.

"Come on mate, we've got flights to catch before you go to Formula Four."

____________________________________________________

A/N

I give you this gift,

Enjoy

Please do check out all of my other books, because I think that they are worth checking out, even if I am a little bit biased.

But this took me a while to find the motivation to write for, as has all of my books, since I've started new medication and it's just making me tired 24/7 and making me want to sleep or not do anything.

I've kind of fell in to a hole at the moment but I'm hoping that by putting this up, that it helps pull me out of it.

Also, I am in love with Clément Novalak and Marcus Armstrong, just saying.

Anyway, enjoy this and I'll see you all soon for the next one, (hopefully)

I'm proud of you all, my loves

Love you all,

-RUBY