Chapter 2

Sans and papyrus were standing at bridge outside of Snowden. Papyrus's reasoning was that if they stood here, they would notice if a human passed by while he was teaching Alex(sans) how to use magic again. "Alright sans, the first part of using magic is-!" There was a pause.

"Is?" Alex asked. "I-Is!!!!! I don't remember!" Papyrus yelled out, a bit disappointed at himself. "Don't worry papyrus, take your time." Papyrus took a moment to remember how to teach people how to use magic. "To focus on your soul? Or was it bring out your soul?" Papyrus spoke uncertainly. He wasn't quite sure if this was right.

Alex however, would do what papyrus said, even though papyrus was unsure of his answer. Although Alex didn't know how to focus on his soul, he decided to try what he did with the status screen, and think about his soul. Unfortunately, no matter how hard he thought about, concentrated, or focused on his soul, nothing happened. 'Maybe if I ask papyrus to show me, I'd have a better understanding of how to do it.'

"Hey papyrus, can you show me how to bring out my soul?" Papyrus would snap out of his daze "of course brother!" Papyrus put his hand up to his chest, and his soul would pluck out out of him like a solid object going through a thick jello. "Is that good enough sans?" Alex would nod his head at papyrus, and then try it himself.

Alex raised his hand to his chest, and tried concentrating. Willing with every part of his mind for the soul to appear, but nothing. "There's something I'm doing wrong" Alex said outloud. "Are you trying to bring your whole soul out brother? Don't you remember we can't do that, we'll you know..." papyrus said. "Let's not focus on that! I've got to teach you how to use magic!"

Alex would sigh at papyrus's antics, but he found it cute. Not in a wierd way. Either way, Alex now knows what he was doing wrong. Of course a monster would die if their entire soul left their body. They were made of magic, and magic comes from one's soul. If he pulled a piece of his soul, he wouldn't die. There was likely some monster instinct that kept him from pulling his soul out.

With this in mind, Alex would try to pull out his soul again, though this time, only a piece of his soul. He could actually feel something happening this time, but the feeling suddenly stopped. So he tried again, except this time, he was focusing on that feeling. He made the feeling happen once more, and slowly, his soul would come out.

"You did it sans!!" Papyrus yelled out. "Wait, there's something different about your soul now, aside from the fact it looks healthier than before." Alexes soul took the shape of a rhombus instead of a heart. There were black splotches on it here and there, but it was not common. 'What is wrong with my soul?'

"Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing! The next step is to get a feel for your soul, you know, like get used to how it feels". Papyrus explained. "I see" was only response Alex gave.

Alex would try moving his soul around, having little success. Although, the more he tried, the easier it got. Eventually, he got to the point where he could move it around pretty easily. That was where he stopped. "Hey papyrus, I'm ready for the next part!" Alex shouted out to papyrus. "Already?! That was fast, maybe your starting to remember!" Alex didn't answer, and let papyrus believe what he want.

"Alright, next is learning how to use magic! In order to use magic, you must move your soul without actually moving it. This is why you to had to Move your soul!" Papyrus explained. This might have confused somebody else, but not Alex. He was an average anime enjoyer.

Alex would hold his hand out, and focus the feeling you get when you manipulate your soul into the air above his hand. This caused a bone to manifest above his hand. 'Wow, this is cool'.

"I thought you forgot how to use magic!!!!" Papyrus wailed. His voice echoing throughout the entirety of Snowden. Alex was covering his non existent ears again, but not even that helped. He swore that if he had ears, they would be bleeding right now. There was a ringing in his skull now.

Once the ringing disappeared, he finally answered papyrus. "I did forget, I'm just starting to remember." Alex said. "Oh ok!" Papyrus simple response after his screech of death was too much for Alex, and he blanked out for a minute. When he came to, papyrus was calling sans name. "Sans, sans, saanss. Are you ok?" He asked. Alex replied with a nod.

He stayed dazed for a few minutes, but when he recovered, he asked papyrus something surprising, for papyrus atleast. "Hey papyrus, do you wanna spar? You know, so I can get used to using my magic again?"

"Sans! Your too weak, I don't want to hurt you!" Papyrus said. "It's ok paps, and you said it yourself, my soul is healthier." Alex said. "Well ok, but make sure to tell me if you get too hurt."

"I will" Alex promised. With that, papyrus walked to the bridge, and began the match. He threw a couple of bones towards Alex. Alex hesitated a bit before dodging out of the way and throwing a single bone at papyrus. When papyrus was hit, he took 2 damage. 'This is gonna take a while' Alex then summoned a bone for each hand and threw it them at papyrus, in which papyrus took 4 damage.

As the battle progressed, Alex had gotten better and better at using magic, allowing him to use more bones, and eventually create a staff made of bone. This was Alex's own idea, well slightly inspired by disbelief, but that didn't matter. Papyrus liked the idea, and said he would try it later.

Alex eventually got up close to papyrus, although very tired from dodging all of papyrus's attacks, it was like a instinct or habit. Alex swung towards papyrus, causing him to try and dodge for the very first time ever. However, he slipped on some ice and fell off the cliff. Papyrus was able to grab the ledge of the cliff, but his hand began slipping due to the snow and ice covering the ledge.

"S-sans help me!" Papyrus cried out for Alex's help. Fear present in his hollow eyes. "Don't worry papyrus, I've got you!" Alex ran over to where papyrus was, and grabbed his hand. He then began pulling papyrus up with all his strength. He grit his teeth, and pulled harder. His bones were somehow straining from this.

"Papyrus, grab the ledge with your other hand and pull" Alex commanded. Papyrus put his other hand on the ledge, and began pulling himself up, as Alex had told him. The combination of papyrus pulling himself along with Alex pulling him up, was enough to fully bring him over the ledge, where he'd quickly fall into the snow. Alex would walk away from the ledge, dragging papyrus along with him so he doesn't fall again.

Once a good distance away from the ledge, Alex sat down in the snow. He was exhausted after that. "I'm sorry papyrus, I shouldn't have asked to spar with you here. It was a stupid idea."

"No, it's fine sans. It was my fault for trying to dodge your attack. I forgot all about the ledge." After that, silence filled the area. Alex broke the silence by saying "l-let's just go home for today. Gaurd duty can wait."

Papyrus, for the first time, agreed with sans to do something like this. He was a bit shaken up from the near death experience. Alex and papyrus then got up, and went home.
________________________________
AN: I hope the chapter was to your liking. I myself thought that the chapter could've been better. But it's too late now, I've already written everything.

With that out of the way, feel free to recommend things, comment, etc etc.

Bye now.