Chapter 6

Alex stared at where flowey was just moments ago. 'I should've continued fighting.' Feeling oh so foolish at his mistake, he turned his back towards the royal guard and the bunny monster."Where's the monster that was attacking?" One of the guards asked. "He got away..." Alex said, as he slowly began to walk away from the scene. "Where are you going, we have to chase after him!" The royal guard shouted.

"We won't be able to find him, he's too good at hiding" Alex said. Ordinarily, he wouldn't act this way at letting an enemy go, but he had grown attached to the monsters. Even if he had only been here for a few months, his love for the monsters of the underground skyrocketed. It was unnatural. Back in his old life, he didn't care much for any human that he didn't personally know, but here, he cares for everyone. Besides, this world is no longer a game.

Before the royal guards could say anything else, Alex quickly ducked behind a large rock, and used his shortcut to leave the area. He was upset, and he knew why, but he couldn't understand it. Why was he acting so differently now than before. He knew he didn't feel nearly this bad before flowey got away. He decided to put it out of his mind for now, he needed to check on papyrus.

Walking through Snowden, he noticed that the streets were vacant. Save for a few monsters who most likely didn't care about the threat of the murderer, and monster kid, who was probably oblivious to the danger that now lurked the underground. He didn't think it would cause everyone to hide away, but maybe it was because the fight with flowey happened nearby.

"Hey papyrus" papyrus looked at Alex curiously and with slight concern, as he had noticed that alex had a dull tone. "Is something wrong brother?" Papyrus asked.  "I'm fine paps, just tired is all" Alex said. He felt bad though, because he felt like he had no reason to lie and pretend to be ok when he could just track down flowey tomorrow, and prevent any more murders, but he also felt that he had to feel this way. His emotions were more intense than they ever used to be, but should he feel this bad about letting flowey get away? (Sorry for this mess of a paragraph)

"You know you can tell me anything right sans? I'm your brother after all" papyrus said in a concerned and sincere voice. Alex was about to just leave and go to his room, but something told him he should tell papyrus. Or more like, he wanted to tell him. With a sigh, Alex said "papyrus, it's kind of complicated. Are you sure you want me to tell you?"

"Absolutely!" Papyrus said. "Alright papyrus" after a short pause, Alex began "have you heard about the dustings that have been happening?" Papyrus nodded.

"Well, I ended up being assigned to the job of finding and arresting them. I ended up finding them, but I got distracted, and they got away." Alex said. "Well sans, do not worry! You'll end up catching him very soon, and when you do we'll celebrate!" Papyrus said.

"That's nice and all, but I don't wanna let anyone else be in danger." Alex said. "Don't worry sans, you ended up scaring him away didn't you? I doubt he'll be back any time soon!" Papyrus said. This actually did end up making Alex feel a little better. "Thanks paps" even so, he was still worried, so he ended up hugging papyrus, and then beginning up the stairs. "Well paps, I think I'll head to sleep now. Good night" Alex said. "Good night sans!" Papyrus said, feeling he had helped Alex feel better, which he did, at least a little.

Alex layed in his bed, but thinking about the events that took place today. 'I won't let him go next time.' He thought to himself before slowly drifting off into sleep.
_______________________________

His sleep was peaceful, until it was interrupted by a loud smashing sound right next to him, startling him awake. He immediately noticed a large, black, glitching vine that was slowly exiting the hole in the wall that it had created. "Hello skeleton" the head of a flower descended down into the hole. It was black with a white outline, and glitchy like the vine. It kind of looked like flowey. Not only that, but it's voice was somehow both monotone and intimidating.

Alex stared up at the giant demonic flower with his arms held out like someone trying to keep their balance. "Wha-" he said quietly to himself, still half asleep, but quickly becoming more and more awake. "What is this?..." he said, yet again quiet.

The flower still heard him however, and responded with "I guess you haven't figured it out yet..." it's demonic smile grew larger. "Haven't you noticed? Your brother hasn't come to check what's going on."

Alexes eyes widened a bit, before a look of realization came over his face. His eyes changed from confused to angry in just a second, as his left eye began to flare up in a blue aura. "What have you done with papyrus?!" Alex shouted out.

"Hahah, ahhahahhahahaha, come find me, and you find out" the flower laughed a horrifying laugh, confirming to Alex that this was flowey, but in this moment, Alex didn't care. Without giving flowey a chance to do anything, Alex summoned his bone sword and sliced the flowers head off, only for it to roll to the ground and splat all over the place like it was made of some kind of ink. the vine that Had been holding the head up rapidly retreated from the hole in his wall and and slithered it's way into waterfall.

Alex jumped out through the hole in his wall, and noticed all the destruction around and in Snowden. "How could I have slept through this?" He wondered to himself. He soon snapped back into focus, there is only one thing that's important right now, and that's getting to flowey.
________________________________

An: hi, been a while hasnt it? Sorry for my year long hiatus, I just didn't have motivation until today to continue this. And I didn't even write down everything I wanted to, cause I lazy, so I decided to split this chapter into to parts I guess, this one and the next one. Either way, hope you enjoyed this chapter!