eight| conditions

"You've got this, bitch!" Cecilia whoops from my side, squeezing my hand tightly

"You've got this, bitch!" Cecilia whoops from my side, squeezing my hand tightly. "You go in there, grab him by the balls and tell him who the boss is here!"

I nod my head slowly. "Sure, right. Yeah. Totally! I can totally do that."

"Hell yeah you can! You look that asshole dead in the eyes and you say 'Listen here, jackass, I'-"

"I'm not going to call him a jackass, Cece."

She pouts. "Asshat?"

"Nuh uh." I grimace.

"Shithead?"

"Not likely." I whisper.

She groans. "Erm, okay. Let's stick to the basics. Just say- 'Listen here, dick!' It's a little boring but still extremely effective."

It's not voluntary when my legs stop moving. I don't mean to bring our march to such an abrupt stop.

It's not like I planned this night through. If I did, I certainly wouldn't find myself standing like a statue in the fancy lobby of Logan Romano's apartment building.

Cece narrows her eyes at me and releases shallow breath. "Nova..." She drags the syllables of my name out. "You okay, Sweetie?"

"To be honest, C, I don't think that we should-"

"Oh no, no, no missy!" She scolds, pulling me to stand in front of her.

"We are so not about to start doubting ourselves right now! Where did my bad bitch Nova go? She was only here ten seconds ago! I miss her."

"I think I left her back at the apartment." I naw on the skin of my bottom lip. "Maybe I should go back and get her?"

I make a break for the revolving doors but don't get very far. Cece has her claws digging into my skin before I can even create some dust for her to catch.

She's like a dang ninja.

"Nice try, babe. But we're doing this." She starts to drag me closer to the receptionist's desk.

I try to plant my feet on the ground but the dumb marble floors make it an impossible task, giving Cece the very easy job for of simply sliding me across the lobby.

"It's time to face your demons and kick some rich boy ass, Novie. Just like we planned." She grins at me, patting my cheek tenderly.

I pout and whine for her to come away from the front desk. "I really don't think this is a good idea."

"It was a good idea 20 minutes ago." Cece reminds me, her hands on her hips. "What happened to that confidence I love so much?"

"I think it wore off after that last shot of vodka." I sigh with exasperation.

"Ah. I see." Cecilia hums. "Your liquid courage has gone and now you're having second thoughts, hm?"

"Exactly. You get it." I smile at her.