Prologue - To Walk Along The Lonely Street Of Dreams

(So people don't get confused, Bladewolf will be called Wolf in this chapter but once he gets combat upgrades, he'll switch to being called Bladewolf)

Y/N POV

Y/N: How far do you think we should head out into the facility this time, Wolf? They have to be somewhere...are they playing hide and seek with us? If so, they're really good...*giggles* I don't like that.

Wolf: We should really leave this facility, Y/N. The staff abandoned us here and you're almost completely out of food.

(Ignore the weaponry. The research wasn't stupid enough to give him weapons)

Y/N: Wha?! Already?! How long has it been?! It's only been a few days right? Maybe a few weeks? A month at most! We should have plenty of food

Wolf: You have no concept of time I'm afraid. It's been five years since they abandoned us, Y/N. *walks around before sitting next to him* Although I've been trying to convince you to leave this place, you persist on staying out of fear that they'll be back...They're not coming back for us and I'm sure you should be happy about that. No more horrendous experiments or surgeries will be done on you anymore...

Y/N: Wait. Five years? How long is a year anyways? You know I can't connect to the web in here...not without the staff being here at least. I've always wondered how they could keep control of my abilities...

Wolf: I know. They used to use concrete walls to cover your room. As a result, your connection to the outside world was always controlled. They didn't want you learning about anything that they didn't approve of. It's another reason why I've been trying to get you to leave this facility. A year is about 365 days. With that in mind, if we multiplied 364 by five, we've stayed in this facility for 1825 days.

Y/N: W-WHA?! H-How am I still alive then?!

Wolf: The staff of this abandoned facility left a enough food and water here for one being to survive about four and half years. You're fortunate that I found a way to ration the food and water as long as I have...but I only have three to four days left of food and water for you here. You do realize what will happen to you if you stay here past those days, right?

I stayed silent for a few seconds before bringing my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs.

Y/N: I'll die...right?

Wolf: Yes. Even with those Nanites coursing through your body and organs, you won't be able to survive without food or water. While I would force you to leave this facility, I can only try to convince you as I am unable to disobey a direct order, even from you.

Y/N: I see...*sighs* I guess I have no choice but to say goodbye to the only place I can call home...

Wolf: It will be better this way, Y/N. The outside world is a much better place to be than rotting in here. While things might seem to be dangerous, protecting you at all costs was the mission given to me via a direct order. And besides, you were taught to fight and use your powers too.