Chapter 1

Japan, Present Day

Third year, the final year for high schoolers. The time to have the most fun before you are sent to the workforce or university. Popular students stay with their clique all year, doing whatever they want to. Athletes try to soak in that last chance to make something special in their careers. Clubs prepare for newcomers, and so on.

Most importantly it's the last time you feel like a kid. You can't ever have that again.

High schools have requirements with graduation, your normal subjects and a few extracurricular courses. Depending on your region, that differs for everyone. It can include agriculture, art, industrial, electronics, and much more.

For Seishun Academy, there is a course called the 'couples training program'. This course puts two students together to help with social skills, as if they are married. Grading is heavily based upon how well each pair get along with each other.

Many students do not agree with this course, but it is required to graduate.

None of the students know how the pairings are made. It does leave the curiosity on who you are paired with. Crushes want their desired person, friends want to be paired with each other to make it easier.

Seems like an easy grade to get, right? That's the question you can only answer when you finally meet your paired partner.

With you and your two best friends

"So you're telling me this course is required? Lame" your best friend, Kenji, answered after you explained what you were about to do at your school. You three were heading back home from a recent baseball practice. Yourself and Kenji play on a local travel team.

"It does seem like a hassle. I don't know how I would be able to handle that" Takara added.

Kenji Furukawa, your best friend since birth. He stands about five foot and eight inches. He has blonde hair with green eyes. His family and yours have known each other for many years, so it was natural for you two to get along well. You two did everything together, and mostly still do. Being in different schools is difficult, but you two always make time for one another in the evenings. Whether it be working out, practicing, hanging out, or school work.

Takara Nakajima, a childhood friend to both you and Kenji. She stands about five foot and five inches with long raven hair and red eyes. You and Kenji met her in middle school and has not left your side since. Whether it be practice, games, hanging out after school or on the weekends. It's a very rare occurrence if she isn't around you two after school. She attends the same high school as Kenji. Also, she is a very attractive woman for her age.

Then there's you, stand about five foot and eleven inches with H/C and E/C. You do have a crush on Takara due to the comfort you have with her. She's always reassured you with any doubts that has came to your mind. She is there to cheer you and Kenji on whenever you have tournaments. Kenji knows about this crush and has done his best to help out.

You play on a local travel baseball team with Kenji, playing third base while Kenji was the catcher. You have had multiple offers from in country universities and also some elite universities in the states. You're undecided where to go at the moment, but you are planning to make a decision soon. Along with the baseball opportunity, your grades are immaculate. That has giving you scholarship opportunities with huge tech schools within the area. Your dream is to play college ball along with the chance to play professionally.

"Yeah tell me about it." You sighed. "It is a requirement, so I have to at least take this seriously. I'm not particularly looking forward to it and I don't know how they pair us with other third years."