Chapter 9

"Hey Y/n.... Wake up..." A familiar voice softly called out to you. You then felt a nudge on your right arm.

Your eyes slowly opened, your vision was blurry while waking up, but you could make out the color yellow in your view. You blinked a few times to clear up your vision. It was Akari who woke you up and she was standing in front of you with a smile on her face.

"Hey...." You replied to her while stretching. You were currently sitting on a couch that was in the ferry you had to take to get to this beach. It was about a forty minute commute or so. You decided to take a nap to pass the time.

"We're almost there. Come on! Come enjoy the view from the top deck." Akari grabbed your arm and tried to pull you up.

"Alright, alright." You yawned while getting up. Naps are great and all, but it's hard as hell to get going again once you wake up from one.

As Akari pulled you through this room, you passed by some other classmates. There were two particular guys that were sitting by one another. One had medium length orange hair with red eyes and the other blonde hair with purple eyes. They both watched you go by with a smile on your face and you shaking your head at the actions from this young woman.

"Looks like she has finally moved on.." the blonde gave off a genuine smile looking at the sight of you two.

"It's crazy. She was so into you, and now she doesn't seem to care at all." The orange haired male stated.

"It's definitely a good thing for her then. I just can't see her that way.." the blonde sighed. "I was flattered with all the attention she gave me, but she's better off not being with me." He then started to recall a certain event. His eyes went low to show the pain he felt. He didn't want to think about that at this moment, so he changed the topic.

"How are you dealing with that? I know you like Akari?" He teased his friend.

"Wha?" His faced turned red. "S-she doesn't even pay attention to me..."

"It's written all over you face my friend." The blonde laughed. "Don't try to deny it now."

"Whatever Minami." He scoffed. "She was all hung up on you. She never cared to talk to me. I mean we had a few interactions and she wasn't mean to me by all means. Though the only time she showed a softer side of herself to me was the evening I tried to get you to go to the festival...  but even then she didn't seem to have interest in you at that time. I guess she was already moving on from you then."

"I see... I ended having to make a shortcut through that festival. I didn't see her. I would've said hi, but I just didn't see her." He then looked at you two once again as you made your way up to the top deck.

"Maybe it's a good thing I didn't see her that evening." He pondered.

Akari finally let go of you when you two reached the steps to get on the top deck of this ferry.

"Come on, hurry!" Akari raised her voice as she began going up the steps. You shook your head and smiled at her actions once more. She can be very cute at times when she's needy.

You looked up and started your way to her. You found yourself looking at the jean shorts she decided to wear as she made her way up. One step after another, your face started to heat up.

'Stop it...' you scolded yourself. The jean shorts fit her very well. It hugged her hips like they were tailored to it. You looked away to calm yourself down. There's no telling what she would say right now if she caught you.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Your assigned wife asked as she turned around once she reached the top. She saw your face was red when you looked at her.

"Following you." You replied trying to compose yourself.