Chapter 8

After that night with Akari, things were on the rise. Akari was more considerate of you, always asking if you needed things. Texting and talking about things she normally didn't do before. Pretty much every time you got out of the shower she was there to pamper you.

Remember how she stole your favorite shirt? Yeah.... She's taken a few more, to the point you're afraid you have to go back home to grab a few extra ones to just have some style after school. That sport jacket you wore most of the time? Yeah that was in her possession as well.

It really looked like you two were an actual couple now. You cooked together, cleaned, and when it was time to settle down for the evening, she was right there next to you. It didn't matter what you watched at times, she would just lean on you and watch as well or either look at her phone.

You thought of these things while taking a shower. It was making you wonder what would change if you were to confess your feelings? You enjoyed how things were right now, but would that throw everything out of spiral? Would it just be a change of your two's title? That was what confused you the most.

Water fell off your head while you looked at the drainage in the shower. You saw your right knee and it was a bit swollen still. It's been a few days since that accident and you've been to an orthopedic doctor about it. You did a MRI scan that day and you had an appointment soon to see what the issue was.

You feared for something being torn. Though it's a common injury to tear an ACL or meniscus, it's still scary to think about surgery and the aftermath. That would throw your baseball career in a shamble, well for some college offers.

That's still undecided for you. Where you want to go and what exactly you want to study for. There is a new obstacle in your way too. That being Akari. What happens if you two do end up dating? You can't go far then, even if she supports wherever you decide. What if you two don't start dating? Do you go as far away as possible? It's such a confusing decision to make. You have to make one eventually, but right now you can focus on what you want.

Your thoughts were interrupted when the bathroom door flew open. Akari rushed in and was almost having a panic attack.

"Y/n!!" She yelled while covering her face and dropped to her knees. "The creep is here!"

"Hey! I'm in the shower!" You retorted. The curtain was pulled out thankfully, but you're still butterball naked here. You looked out the curtain to see her but still covering your body.

"What do you mean by creep? Did someone break in?!" You were starting to get worried.

"No! Even worse!" Akari claimed.

"Huh? What is worse than someone breaking an entry?"

"A spider!" Akari yelled while lifting her face and looking at you. You could see a few years form from the fear she had.

A few moments went by and your eye twitched from annoyance.

"And how big is this spider?" You said in a calm voice, but your face showed that you were pretty annoyed.

"This big!" Akari showed her fingers to you to describe the size of this spider. There hardly was any space between her fingers.

You furrowed your eyebrows at her. You didn't say anything and went back to finishing your shower.

"Y/n!!!" She cried. She flung the curtains open, exposing your naked body.

"Hey!" You flushed red while covering your lower area. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!?"

"I need you!" Akari grabbed your right arm and tried pulling you out of the shower. Wether you were slipping from the water or she was stronger than you thought, she just about pulled you out. The sudden pressure on your right knee was making you wince in pain.