Chapter 4

A few days have passed since the night you vomited and had Watanabe's help. You've felt much better, but not enough to attend school still. The sore throat and mucus was still bothering you.

Fortunately, you were able to do things online. Being behind in classes was another burden you couldn't afford to have right now. The teachers also gave Watanabe your missing work if you couldn't access it online.

Things seemed better between you two, thankfully. Akari was very helpful to you. She's gotten medicine for you, cooked some breakfast and dinner, and helped out with school. She seemed like a totally different person now.

You stayed true to your word on helping her with her bento box she was trying to prepare for Tenjin. She made countless meals to taste. She was pretty set on these rolled omelettes, but wasn't sure about sides.

The omelettes were pretty good, but they lack some sweetness to it. You told Watanabe that it wouldn't be a bad idea to sweeten it up, though she wasn't in favor of that.

"I don't think I'm comfortable doing that. Minami-Kun doesn't seem like he's the kind of guy that likes sweet things." She argued.

"I'm not gonna argue, so if that's what you feel most comfortable with, be my guest."

That was all that was said at that moment. You two continued on with your day.

It was currently early afternoon, you were watching some television. Passing some time before you wanted to do something. The bathroom could a little cleaning, so that was on your task to do.

Your attention was caught when the doorbell rang. You were confused that someone was here. It shouldn't be Watanabe, she is supposed to be in school.

You got up and walked over to the door. You unlocked it and opened to find two people you knew.

"What're you doing here?" You asked.

"Awwww come on man, don't be like that! We came to see you, duh!!" Your best friend Kenji took offense to that question.

"They let us out early today and we thought we'd come by and see ya. It's been a while since we all hung out." Takara explained the actual situation.

"Makes sense. Come on in," you gestured for them to enter.

"Woahhh so this is your place?" Kenji darted in. Takara shook her head and followed behind him.

"Why are you asking questions you know the answer to?" You sighed while shutting the door and locking it. "You've already been here once before."

"Yeah, but you wouldn't let me inside. You didn't introduce me to your "assigned wife."

That caused you to remember exactly what happened, a small blush appeared on your face, but they didn't see it.

"A lot happened that evening. Depending on how long you two stay, you just might get to meet her."

"Dude, she's a baddie right?"

You rolled your eyes, "she's interested in someone else already. Tough luck for you"

Kenji sulked at that reply.

"So things are going better for you two? Been a minute since you talked to me about her." Takara asked.

"Yeah, I guess." You shrugged your shoulders and made your way to the couch. "A lot has happened since. Some understandings have came about. We are fine at the moment. Could change at any time, who knows."

"We'll, that's somewhat good I guess. I can only imagine the stress and confusion this brings."

"It's something, been an experience for sure. Still have a long ways to go with this. Fortunately, we can change partners if we get an A at the end of a grading period. That's the plan." You explained further.