Silent Dick - Hear me out on this..

Okay, I had this one-shot Idea, but I know I'll never write it. Not because I don't want to but because I know I won't be able to write it as good as it deserves. So, if I'm lucky enough to have another dc writer read this and like the idea than please use the idea and bring it to life. I don't even want credit for it, I just want to be told about the story or tagged in it so I can read it myself. I would love to read it. 

But anyway, before my rambling takes control again. 

Here's the idea. Please don't kill me and I'm so sorry Dick. 

Everyone has always made comments of Dick being a chatter box or overly affectionate. Some say it in good nature, some speak over it badly and other's act tough but mean anything they say as a joke or don't actually mean it. 

But Dick's grown up hearing all the jokes, comments and everything ever since he moved in with Bruce, right. 

All his family, he's the emotional support and mama-bird of the group. He's the one who tries to step in when it's needed and give them the motherly love, he knows they all deserve. He steps up as the big brother, as a father and the good old friend people need at certain points in their life. 

Dick has always love with all his heart and falls deep. He'd die for those he loves but he's also live to protect them for as long as he can. 

But what happens if Dick finally breaks. 

No warning and no built up. 

He just breaks. 

Over all the comments, jokes, whining and so on.. he gives up. 

He stops talking, if he doesn't talk than no one can complain over his voice being annoying or how he never shuts up. How no one can keep making jokes or acting as if it was the most awful time of their lives because they were trapped somewhere with Dick who wouldn't shut up. 

He also stops hugging, kissing and any form of touching. He purposely keeps a distance now. No one can complain or make comments over his affectionate habits if he doesn't touch them at all. He even avoids being touched by anyone when they try to hug him, kiss him, sling an arm around the shoulders, pat on the back or anything. He steps away and dodges so they can't use it against him later. 

At first, everyone thinks it's some lame joke.

But he doesn't stop. 

He doesn't talk or touch any of them unless it's to catch them or push them out of harm's way while he stands as nightwing. He keeps to his mute and touch free self. 

Nothing works.

Bruce, his siblings, his friends and so on.. none of them can talk him out of it. 

People even pick fights and argue with him one-sidedly to try and get him to give in or take their frustration out on him instead. 

Dick had finally broke and he had enough of all the little jabs made towards him since he was nine. 

He's sick of it. 

And everyone finally notice how much they miss his voice or his motherly behaviour with touches after a full month has passed. They start to notice sooner but they all finally accept how important Dick's emotional support was. 

Tim and Jason bring in Clark, hoping superman can get their mamabird back. It fails because Dick knows that things will just go back to the way before, and Clark is just a "trick" that his siblings believe he'd fall for. 

Bruce tries to hug Dick, he goes up to him during a visit in the cave and goes to hug him knowing it's rare and been years since the two have hugged. Dick dodges it and simply leaves, leaving the rest of the batclan in shock. 

Duke tries to apologize, for all of them but Nightwing simply gives a sad smile. He knew Duke was good hearted, but Dick wasn't going to accept one apology for all of them. He's had enough of it all. 

Barbra and a few of Dick's oldest friends try to talk him out of it. It doesn't work and only turn Dick more stubborn when they accuse him over being petty and holding grudges like this. He's simply fed up, hugs, chatter and warm affection and love was taught to him by the circus, and he understood others were different, but he was sick of being seen as a joke for who he was. His childhood being mocked due to the man he stood as and his actions. 

Damian and Steph brought in Alfred as their weapon of choice. Alfred agreed something had to be done and invited Dick to the family meal, no arguments allowed. 

Everyone had foolishly thought that it had worked. No one could refuse Alfred and since Dick arrived it meant he must have given in. It took someone to make a careless comment, Dick still hasn't spoken or hugged any of them, but the rest tried using humour to push it all behind them. A comment over Dick being a chatter box but they all learnt to live with it or how his hugs weren't the worse forms of punishment they've lived through. 

Dick left in silent and without hugging or touching any of them. Not even Alfred. 

Cass, she left him alone. 

She saw the hurt, the damage that the rest had caused and knew it wasn't going to easily be fixed by simply forgetting about it all. 

Cass gave him space and apologized for not noticing it sooner. 

Of course, the rest get frustrated again and decide to give him the cold shoulder in return as if they were all children at school again. 

Bruce tries the batman card and so, Dick follows his orders. 

He hugs Slade .. knowing he'd be caught hugging the older hitman. 

Slade is so confused but it get's worse when Dick meets with Tailia and hugs her willingly. The two have their beef between them but Dick simply calls upon her and hugs her and speaks with her. 

Just as Batman ordered him to snap out of it and communicate again. 

The rest of the batclan took Dick's reaction as a huge "Fuck You" and gave both Batman and Dick space for a whole week afterwards. 

I'm not sure if Dick should return speaking to them or giving them affection again or he simply stays silent to them all. 

I haven't thought that far. 

But I just like the idea of Dick simply breaking apart without any warning signs.