Guilt

This is after everything that happened, they defeated vecna and nobody died but max is still in the hospital

Nancy is someone who always has a plan and a way to figure things out and to never fail, usually she is rarely ever wrong with her plans but the one time her planned didn't work, It is the most severe way possible and that included one of people she cared about most, max.

Robin and herself come to visit max as much as possible even slept there at times. When they first saw her laying there on the hospital bed looking as small as ever, they both froze in shock, max to robin and nancy was like a little sister in a way and they both knew they would do anything to protect her.

"oh god"

Nancy felt nauseous seeing her for the first time riddled with guilt about how she felt it was her fault if only she planned better, did better. She pressed her face in robin's chest to try and not breakdown in sobs but she couldn't handle it and started sobbing.

Robin wrapped her arms around her trying her best to give her girlfriend the comfort she needed while also trying not to let her knees buckle from underneath herself seeing max, she also was riddled with guilt, if only she didn't trip in the house they wouldn't have been wrapped around the vines and they could've gotten there quicker possibly saving max from this.

"breathe nance breathe, I got you"

"Rob-in"

"you're okay just deep breathes" she said softly trying to calm her down, she kissed the top of her head while letting tears fall down her cheeks and rubbing her hand on nancy's back while nancy did the same to her.

Nancy knew that robin was not okay either and was trying to be strong for her, she knew how much max meant to her so she also tried her best to comfort her girlfriend. She was starting to calm down, she pulled back slightly to look at robin properly, "you don't have to be strong robbie it's okay, you can breakdown too"

At that robin started crying with the most saddest whimpers nancy has ever heard and she wishes she never hears her girlfriend sound so hurt and pained again. Caressing her cheek she hugged robin even though she was shorter, robin hid her face in nancy's neck.

"this shouldn't ha-ave happ-e-end nance, this wasn't supposed to happen!"

"I know sweetheart I know" she replies tracing patterns on robin's back calming her down so she won't make herself sick from crying. "She'll wake up right? s-she has to w-wake up nance she has to!" she says with the saddest eyes nancy has ever seen.

"I really hope so robbie I really do but she's max so by time we know it she'll wake up and tell us to go get her some food" she chuckles softly trying to cheer both robin and herself. "yeah" robin giggles softly while sniffling.

Knowing no one could see, they kissed to show eachother how thankful they feel to have one another. "Thank you nance, I love you so much" robin says with a sad smile.

"Thank you too my love, I love you so much" she replies. "Come on let's tell max how you almost broke my shower yesterday while we wait for everyone else to come"

"HEY! It wasn't my faulttt"

"sure" nancy giggles "whatever you say rob"

They start telling max everything that they did together, holding her hand and hoping she could hear them. They would never give up on her no matter what.

I wasn't sure how to end this lmao but oh well anyway ronance are max's moms because they told me so (:

Ronance one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara