Missing

requests: open

what if they never found robin?

They didn't know how long they've been in these four walls with no windows or any bright light whatsoever. They lost count after 5 days, steve and robin were stuck in a russian base and they had no way out, they were glad they were atleast together.

Nancy hasn't stopped looking for her girlfriend and her ex, she remembers trying to find robin after everything with the mall happened knowing they both had a shift there but no one knew where they were.

Robin buckley and steve harrington have been missing for 2 months now.

2 months of nancy non-stop trying to find any information or any tiny detail that might lead her to how they just disappeared, she read the same newspaper about the mall way too many times, finding low quality photographs of that day so that she might see them in one of the photos. She didn't.

Another 2 months passed when steve was found, he didn't talk.

The police tried asking him where he was, what happened and where was robin. He wouldn't say anything except stare, it was like they only found the ghost of steve harrington.

It was over a year that steve was found, he still didn't speak a word, he barely existed mentally. Nancy was still looking for her girlfriend, she tried asking steve where she was, to give her anything. Tears rolling down her cheeks as she got nothing again.

Nancy's whole life was surrounded of trying to find robin, what happened that day? why couldn't she find a single thing? what happened to steve that he never talked again? where was robin?

10 years later, steve died.

He went 10 years not saying a single word, whatever he knew about robin's whereabouts or what happened to them that day, he took it to the grave.

Nancy still didn't stop searching for her, it was now 15 years later.

"Robin buckley was reported missing 15 years ago along with her co-worker and friend steve harrington when he was found 4 months later, he never spoke again until he died. Robin buckley is still missing and police are now thinking they'll have to close the case."

Nancy shot up as the news reporter spoke the last sentence, they couldn't close it. No they couldn't just give up on robin like that.

She stormed into the police station, "what the fuck are you thinking!" she yelled at the first policeman she saw.

"Ma'am please calm down, we don't know what you're talking about"

Nancy felt her blood boil, "robin buckley"

The policeman started talking, "ma'am we're sorry bu-"

"No!" nancy yelled slamming her hands on his desk, security were starting to hold her, "you can't close the case! she's still out there I know it!"

The security started dragging her away as she kicked and screamed for them to let her go and yelling at the police not to close robin's case.

They closed it a week later.

Nancy started sobbing while she heard the news say the case was closed after 15 years, how could they give up on robin like that? her sweet girlfriend?

She went to steve's grave that day, "hey steve"

No response as she stared at the gravestone, "they closed her case steve, god how could they close it and completely forget about her"

Nancy stayed silent as if she was hoping for a response.

"I'm still looking, I won't ever give up on her. The kids, well they're not kids anymore, keep telling me I need to stop, that it's ruining my life but how can I explain that it's been ruined since that day? I can't stop because what if she's out there steve. Who will help her if everyone gives up?"

She wiped her tears with her sleeve, "god steve what happened to you two, what happened for you not to say a word for 10 years, where were you two?"

20 years went by when nancy wheeler died, as she took her last breath, she asked the nurse, "robin buckley, have they found her?"

She died never knowing if she was alive or dead. When they went to gather her stuff from her home, they found countless letters between the two, polaroids of their dates and kissing.

2 years later the remains of robin were found, she was buried next to nancy. Countless people put flowers on their gravestones as the letters and everything found at nancy's home went public.

They had to keep their love secret and now their love was publicly known, they just weren't alive to see it.